~24~

Hey yall! I know you all hate me for the last cliff hanger so I'm here to deliver! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Warning: Uh... wait is there anything???? Dang it! Guess I have to rewrite it so it brings up more trauma! Oh wait! Bringing up trauma! I remember now! Yay!

Patton
“Ghost. I’m a supernatural creature with an evil glint in my eye. One that could only want to cause mischief. Of course. I forgot,” Janus said with a calm expression. I… I didn’t expect them to be this calm about it. I mean, of course that doesn’t mean they’re evil, but it’s very likely. Then again.. They could be more like Casper. What are you thinking, Patton? Casper isn’t even a realistic ghost! There have been way more tales of haunting, cursing, murdering, tormenting, etc! There has never been a helpful, nice, kind, gentle… loving… Shush brain! They’re a ghost!

“Well I… I don’t know your motives and stuff like that. And… Taking me to your house…” I gently dug my nails into my palm. They could be taking me there to murder me or worse.

“Ah yes. Because you’ve never been there before.” I looked down. Then could just not have been the right time. Who knows. “All of this… And if I were a human, then would you trust me?” I paused and looked up at them.

“Yes- I mean uh.. Wait..” Janus closed their eyes for a second. “I mean uh.. The death rate is lower uh never mind but like.. Not all humans are murderers. But uh… most ghosts are.” They took this in with a nod before they began to float away. “Wait, where are you going?”

“Why would you care? As long as I’m far away you’re safe, right?” I paused. 

“That’s not what I meant-”

“Do you remember the song?” I blinked.

“What?”

“... I guess you don’t.”

“Which one?” The look they gave me pierced through my soul. My heart immediately melted under their gaze.

“Mademoiselle Noir,” And with that, they disappeared from sight.

“Janus I- Janus?” I looked around quickly, but it was no use. I felt pressure build up behind my eyes but I refused to let them fall. I glanced back at the house they so desperately tried to keep me from for a moment before picking up my phone and scrolling through the contacts. Virgil.. No, I don’t want to bother him.. He’s dealing with the divorce and keeping his siblings together. Roman? Hmm.. Things are pretty chaotic over there and I know Remus will try to take a peek at my scars.. So that’s a nope. Logan. I… I’m not sure. I know he has his whole brother thing going on. But… No one’s usually home except him and sometimes his mama. Wait no he’s dealing with the end of the school year crap. Maybe… The seniors graduated yesterday… I sighed and held my phone up to my ear. Please don’t let this be a mistake.

“Hello?”

“Hey it’s Patton…”

“Patton! Babes, are you okay????” 

“Uh.. I’m fine,” I said. Why would he ask if I were okay? Then again, I guess the last time he saw me I was laying down in Emile’s house unconscious. “I just,” I paused, not sure if I should ask him. “I was um- I was wondering, if it’s not too much trouble, if I could possibly, maybe stay with you for a few days, maybe if that’s okay. If you’re too busy I totally get it and understand and you don’t need to worry about it, I can find somewhere else,” I rambled quickle. Oh shoot, I never should have asked him. Now he’ll feel responsible for me and he shouldn’t have to feel that. Hnnng why did I have to call him? “You know what, never mind it’s okay I can find something else that can-”

“Absolutely! I’m out of school anyway. I’ll come over to your house to pick you up!” He cut me off. 

“Uh… Maybe not at my house… Can we meet up at the starbucks?”

“My homeland? Frick yeah. I’ll be there in twenty minutes,” I smiled slightly.

“Thank you,”

“No prob babes,” he hung up the phone and I sighed in relief before looking at my house one more time. Shaking my head, I started my walk back to the Starbucks. I screwed up I screwed up I screwed up…

686 words
*chefs kiss* nothing like some good old trauma. Good luck waiting until the next chapters my darling children.

Oh and take care of yourselves, be nice to one another, take a shower, play the bag pipes, you know. Self care. I love you all and hope you're enjoying my mess of a story! Until next time!  Oh also, sorry for the shorter chapter. The next one is longer, I promise. Then there's the 9 page chapter coming up... I'm afraid of what that word count is gonna be. Anyway, take it easy ladies lords and non binary royalty! As the wise one said, peace out!

💖Maybay4