Part 1: E.3.

Check if you've read previous update. (Unedited)

Sidharth sat on the chair with his head down for sometime and then glanced at the aquarium. Flora was still standing or rather floating near the glass with her palms pressed against glass. Her face showed the sorrow and agony she went through being imprisoned.

For the first time his heart wrenched for his subject of experiment or research. He felt horrible and hated himself for choosing this as his career.

Woh ek insaan hai, bhale hi aadhi par hai toh bilkul apne jaisi. Aise kaise hum insaan itne khudhgarz ho sakte hai? Uske liye yeh lab ek jail se kam nahi hai. Uska jurm yeh hai ki woh insaano ki duniya mein nahi rehti aur ek alag duniya se belong karti hai.

He kept observing her as she swam to the big rock and sat on it. She dug her head in between her hand.

 She dug her head in between her hand

She was lonely and missing her home. The concept of capturing and imprisoning was new to her. She had been a free mermaid who explored in deep sea waters, eating delicious sea herbs and plants, collecting shells and pearls, making it's ornaments and adorning it on her body. She was the prettiest mermaid in her flock. The mermans (male species) felt attracted to her and often tried to seduce her but she was always protected by her father.

Sidharth looked at the little detail about her in the form of report written at the time she was captured.

He saw someone walking into the lab. It was his boss followed by another young nerdy looking lad.

"So Sidharth, how is everything? Where is she?", He inquired.

Sidharth pointed his finger at the aquarium.

"Hmmm.. she is a fine piece of art. Look Sidharth, you've got a golden opportunity to work on this project. Lot of your other colleagues wanted to work on this but looking at your previous achievements, we've given you this opportunity. There is no tight deadline for this project. Take it slow and be very careful. Government is taking a keen interest in it and all other foreign nations are also having all ears and eyes on us. We cannot do any mistake or compromises on this project. She is like a priced possession and pride of our nation right now.", His boss went on barking a monologue speech.

"I understand", said Sidharth.

"First few weeks she is supposed to be only observed on how and what all she does. We need to check if she has the capacity to harm someone or could cause any probably danger if she was touched by someone. After taming her, we will then move on to study her body and it's functions inside out. The structure, cells, blood, bones, tissues etc. Using anything from our findings, we can serve our humanity. It is a long term project.", He sets out the plan which Sidharth had to work on.

"Yes, will follow all the protocols.", Said Sidharth.

Serving humanity by being inhumane to other species.. the kind of human we are.. huh!!