Part 1: E.5.

Check if you've read the previous update.

(Unedited)

Sidharth decided to surprise Flora every now and then with something new. He got a pair of turtles the next day and she was happy to see her new mates and pets. Another day passed, by now she knew that he would return the next day since it had been her 4th day in the aquarium.

It was Friday and Sidharth was dressed in vibrant yellow casual t-shirt something other than plain and dull formal shirts. He could see her happiness whenever he arrived in the morning. She would swirl and swim around flapping her tail expressing the joy to see him. Though she was a shy mermaid, but her emotions were uncontrollable when she saw him after the lonely nights she spent alone in that dark lab aquarium. He too felt very excited to see her reaction on his arrival. He had started to feel that his lab was home and home was his work place. Home, where your loved ones would wait for you to return.

While he worked in lab, she would simply observe him. He looked at her and she smiles. He smiled back at her and continued working. She waited until he turned back to see her and when he did, she smiled back. It was clear she needed attention just like all of us.

He pulled his revolving chair close to her and her face glowed out of happiness.

"Bore ho rahi ho?", He asked her. She flapped her long eyelashes and tilted her neck just like a doll. She remembered how much he like it whenever she did so.

"Aww.. so cute.", He said with a smile and in a loving tone. She blushed.

"Achcha, Shehnaaz ko sharam aa rahi hai? Main waha tha tab toh tum mujhe bahut taadh rahi thi. Main kaam zarur kar raha tha par meri nazar barabar tum par hi hai. Samjhi?", He said.

She looked at his moving lips and wished she could understand what he spoke. She lied on her tummy and rested her head on her palms to match his height for a better eye contact.

"Shehnaaz, tumhe pata aaj main jab nahaa raha tha toh mere haat se saabun gir gayi. Bhai sahab kya batau, aakhon mein sabun chala gaya aur saabun ke haat hone se tap ghuma hi nahi paa raha tha. Finally, maine andho ki tara towel doondh ke haat ponche aur phir andhon ki tarah wapis nal tak pahucha, shower on kiya aur nahaya.. isiliye mujhe nahana kitna boring lagta hai pata hai.", He spoke animatedly by closing his eyes and acting like a blind etc. She laughed.

"Achcha? Madam ko hassi aa rahi hai. Huh? Tum kya jaano meri takleef. Tumhara achcha hai tumhe toh nahaana nahi padta. Mujhe bhi jalpari hona chahiye tha.. nahi pari toh girl ko kehte hai.. Keshov.. kya tumhe pata hai ladka jalpari ko kya kehte hai?", He turns and asks Keshov.

"Sir, jalapada bolte honge.", Suggest Keshov after scratching his head.

"Jalpara? Pari ka para? Chi.. can't be..", Said Sidharth.

"English mein Merman bolta hai. Google ne botaya. Hindi mein Jol-aadmi hoga.", said Keshov.

"Hmm.. par suit nahi karta. Jal-ladka? Ya Jal-launda? Nay!! Sab kitne off naam hai yaar.", Sidharth said.

"Ek mishti sa naam yaad aaya sir.", Said Keshov.

"Achcha? Kya?", Sidharth asked.

"Jalebi", said Keshov and chuckled. Sidharth laughed uncontrollably while Flora smiled gawking at him.

"Par main sidha hoon.. (turned towards Flora and looks into her eyes intensely) I am straight!", Said Sidharth huskily.

She blushed turning pink and lowering her eyes. He smiled. He was flirting with someone after 14 long years. Keshov excused himself to get food for Flora.

"Jaldoot.. ya Jaldev.. kaash main woh hota. Tumhe yaha kabhi nahi aane deta inn pathar dil insano ke pass.. you know Shehnaaz main ghar jaata hoon na toh bas tumhaare hi baare mein sochta hoon. Tum yaha akele rehti ho na? Main bhi.. jab tak maa zinda thi toh ghar jaane ka bahana tha, par unke jaane ke baad ghar jaane ka mann nahi karta. Ab tumhaare aane ke baad toh aur bhi nahi karta kyuki mujhe yahi rehne ka mann karta hai tumhaare saath.", He said looking into her eyes while supported his chin with his hand on the hand-rest of his revolving chair. She looked into his eyes while lying flat on her hands lost into his eyes.