24: A gift

It was honestly a fairly normal day in the Daycare.

Kids were either sleeping, crafting, playing, tripping, spinning or peeing. Otherwise a pretty tame day for the daycare attendants. Moon is tending to the kids who were sleeping as Sun took care of the rest, Moon offered to help but Sun insisted he could handle it.

Not much later, Sun tripped face first into the ground. Little kids ran around him and one of them stepped on one of Sun's rays...

And broke it.

*DAMAGE DETECTED!!! MIDDLE-RIGHT "Sun Ray"*

"... Uh oh-" Sun muttered.

The kid looked down as a wave of terror hit his face, he hurt the daycare attendant! "MR. SUN!? ARE U OKI!?" The kid screamed.

Soon enough everyone in the daycare looked at Sun, Moon ran over to him with tape. "I GOT ITTTTTT-"

"WAIT MOON NO" Sun remembers the last time Moondrop tried to fix his arm...

He just stuck it back in without re-wiring anything! He's not letting that happen with his ray!

...

...

...

Thankfully Moon didn't try to fix it, he instead called over a staff bot to inform them about Sun's rays. Soon someone from parts and services came over to get a look at Sun's now broken ray. Sun was kept in "Parts and services" until the Pizza Plex closed, once the place closed he is sent back to the Daycare.

...

Sun came through the door that lead to his and Moon's room. He saw Moon silently sitting down, probably waiting for Sun to come back. When Moon met with Sun's eyes he immediately jumped at him and hugged his Sunshine close.

"Sundrop!!! Are you okay? Did you get your ray fixed?" Moon asked Sun. "No.. Jayson said I had to keep all my rays inside my head until they could fix or replace the Shattered ray. Apparently without one of the rays, the others can't function properly." Sun answered the now confused Moon.

"Who the fuck is Jayson???"

"Y'know... Jayson! The guy who works at parts and service!"

".... Ooooh...THAT'S HIS NAME???"

"YOU DIDN'T KNOW???" Sun looked at Moon.

"Well sorry! I never really paid attention... Oh and I already knew about you having to keep your rays in, I may or may not have listened in... But! I have a present for you!" Moon turns around and goes into his closet. He shuffles around until he pulles out a hat that looks like his but... Sun themed?

"Here! So we kinda match." He hands it over to Sun. "You don't have to wear it, but I thought that you'd like i-" All of a suddenly Moon is tackled to the ground by a VERY happy Sundrop.

"THANKYOYTHANKYOUTHANKYOUUUUUU!!! This gift is the BEST!" Sun hugs Moon tightly as Moon smiles and hugs back. "I'll be sure to wear it forever!... or- at least until my ray can be fixed again" Sun puts the hat on.

Both animatronics are now smiling like idiots on the floor.