56: He abandoned everyone

Hilldra sat on the star dotted floor of the daycare's nap area, sighing as she thought about her current situation. Her eyes felt like drooping shut in a matter of seconds, with dark bags under her brown eyes, her head pounded like drums as if to fill up her already crowded mind with even more noise. The daycare was open today, with only three kids in the naptime area where Hilldra is, most of the kids were on the play structures or doing arts n' crafts with Sunny. The bustling noise of the busy pizza plex could get anyone's head spinning if they were in the wrong mood, Hilldra is one of those people. Moony comes into the nap area, going over to the three kids to ask if they need anything or want to take a nap. Moony then leaned his head over to Hilldra, in which the girl just raises her hand with the suggestion of a rude hand gesture, she didn't even try to hide it as an amused smirk grew on her face.  Moony simply ignores her gesture and asks if the kids need anything else before leaving to sit down next to Hilldra. "I think you need a nap yourself." Moony quickly noticed Hilldra's tired eyes. "Nah, I just had to stay up a bit to arrange something for Eclipse... Spoiler alert, this pizza plex is gonna have some more animatronics visiting soon!" Moony's eyebrow raised in confusion, what other animatronics would come to the pizza plex? They already had Eclipse on their hands, and he was staying with them for 10 months! "Don't worry, they'll only be here for a week, after that I'm shoving them out of this place." Hilldra leans her head back a bit, mumbling something Moony almost didn't catch, "Hopefully that'll be enough for Eclipse and Sol' to patch things up...".

At this point, Moony didn't try to ask any questions, he knew that whatever questions he had would either be avoided or twisted into a new question by either Hilldra or Eclipse. He wanted to know, he and Sunny wanted to know, there were so many things left unanswered and it bothered the moon bot. Moon remembers the night he looked at Sunny's memory bank while he was charging, a guy with medium light brown hair, brown eyes, and square glasses who wore something that looked like a lab coat. He explained how Moony and Sunny's facial expressions worked, how he managed to split them up while still letting them retain their memories, such and such. But the thing that bothered Moony in that video wasn't anything the man said about Sunny and himself, what bothered him was the fact the man mentioned Eclipse, he even showed the bot on screen. The words, as they are recalled, are whirring up Moony's memory bank as the words from that night come into focus.

"Eclipse. You are most likely to see this tape, It's my gift to you after all. And I know that when the time comes, you're gonna watch this tape, and by then I'll be gone. Not dead! I just, have to leave. People are after me, they're after my research, they want to tear it down and lock me up, I don't want to leave, but I have to.  Look, you're gonna end up a whole lot different than those around you, all my other experiments I mean. You're one of the successful ones. And you're not the only one who's gonna end up different, if you search outside, there's more than meets the eye."

"Kenna." Moony blurted out, how could he have passed that? He knew that the man he saw in Sunny's memory bank was Kenna Bright! Why didn't he remember? Hilldra turned her head to look at Moony. "Yeah, what about him?" Moony noticed a change in Hilldra's attitude, she seemed more serious now... or, was she annoyed? "Oh!- I was just wondering about him, that's all. How come he never comes into the pizza plex? His little sibling slid into the daycare one time." Moony saw Hilldra's face change into a different expression, not any expression he knows, just something he didn't recognize. With that thought in Moony's mind, Hilldra spoke. "He abandoned everyone." Moony seemed a bit confused. "Kenna abandoned everyone? How would that-" It was then, that Hilldra snapped. Well... Hilldra doesn't snap, but she can rant.

"I trusted him, the first human I have probably ever trusted, the first human whom I've let become my friend.. He just went and abandoned everyone and everything!!! He abandoned his family, he abandoned his creations, god dammit he abandoned me!" Hilldra grew increasingly more distressed as she stood up. "I was the one left to deal with his problems, I was the one left to deal with everyone he left behind, and even after all of that bullshit I still have to deal with his problems no matter where I fucking go!"  The three kids in the naptime area all left as soon as Hilldra started cursing, Moony ended up having to shush her before she should continue... But once Moony shushed her, all Hilldra said left was this; "That man is the first, and last human I'll ever let sway me." Hilldra laid her hand on Moony and pushed him aside as she walked out of the naptime area, seeming more tired than she was before. Moony didn't know what happened, it was already hard enough to fit him, Sunny and Eclipse into this mystery and now Hilldra was apart of it? Other than that... He should probably go see if the teen is okay. Many questions went through Moony's head as he walked out of the naptime area.

(Hi people! First of all, I'm sorry. Look, this story was originally supposed to be, well, a story. But then I just left plot gaps, filled throw away chapters with asks and art, I failed to make the story I wanted to. I want to apologize for that, this was supposed to be a story about Moony and Sunny finding out more about their past and learning how to confront it- but it didn't work. I'm already at page 90 something and most of the pages I made are just filled with useless knowledge... I don't want this story to be 90% filler and 10% actual substance.  I want to try more. So I'm sorry I haven't made good chapters, I'm sorry the story is all over the place, I'm sorry I don't post often. But uhm... This chapter is done so... Thank you if you forgive it, and if you don't, oh well.)