10

It was the night of the school's Halloween dance. Alexander had been a proper gentleman and bought two tickets for himself and Melody. Melody and her mother's system of giving Melody warning when she was supposed to make dinner had brought peace, and allowed Melody access to the kitchen again.

A couple days ago Alexander had helped her get a mini fridge up the steps, a small cupboard, a hot pot, kettle and microwave so she could stock up on easy to prepare foods when needed. To help compensate for the pantry stable based diet she was getting at home, Alexander had offered to bring her a lunch from his uncles for school, and had enlisted the help of the pack kitchen to help him prepare the perfect bento box style lunches he could every day.

He was impressed when he finally got to see her bedroom. It was much nicer than he had prepared himself for. He had easily hefted the small mini fridge up the narrow steep stairs, and had already mentally steeled himself to see a spartan room. But the space was bright and open, well furnished, and thankfully private and away from her family. He breathed a little easier knowing her room wasn't a dungeon.

The number of stuffed animals and teddy bears was a little disconcerting to him, but she explained that her step brothers had put them up here before she arrived and she didn't want to seem ungrateful and get rid of them. He had made the mistake of telling his mother that he was going to see his mate today and helping her move some furniture, so his phone was blowing up with messages from his mother checking in. The strangest thing was every time his phone vibrated with another message, he heard the strangest high pitched electric interference noise and couldn't figure out where it was coming from in Melody's room.

They had slipped into a comfortable routine together, spending as much time in each other's company as they could. Melody was only a little surprised when the weekend before Halloween, Alexander asked her to officially be his girlfriend while they enjoyed sundaes together in his jeep. She hadn't meant to fall for someone new, but she happily said yes. Being with Alexander felt natural and right to her. When nothing else in her life was right, she was going to lean into what was right, being with Alexander was the only time she felt like things were ok.

He was doing what he could to take care of her. He wanted to do so much more, but every little thing he could do for her, made her life better. That was enough for now. He also couldn't wait to finally see what her costume was going to be tonight. She had only told him to keep his expectations low, because it wasn't a very impressive costume, she was just using it as a chance to practice a new technique. He rejoiced in being her boyfriend, publicly for the week leading up to the dance.

A corset. No matter what she was planning on wearing a corset tonight, and it was going to be a challenge for him to not ravish her tonight. He had so many fantasies run through his head in the week and a half since she had told him what her goal was. He had already had to run away from her several times because the draw to claim her both bodily and with teeth was too strong. He was going to be truly tested tonight.

He felt kind of stupid in his MIB costume, a well tailored black suit and sunglasses, and a couple decent props hidden in his pockets. But every guy looked good in a suit that fit, and he wanted her to think he looked good tonight. Above all else, that was his goal. He was downright giddy as he left his uncle's pack house and drove towards hers. She had been required to make dinner tonight for her family, but things seemed to have been better in the home over the past few days. Maybe punching Randy was the perfect way to get those assholes in line.

They were fully human, unfortunately. Otherwise Alexander would have already fought and knocked them all into behaving. But Melody knocking Randy to the floor in gym with only her fist that day seemed to have done wonders for setting a better boundary for everyone. He was glad for her. He hated thinking about her not even being able to fully relax in her own home.