17

Melody went to the attached bathroom to clean up and change into cozier clothes. While she was getting ready for bed, Alexander literally ran down the hall to his room, stripping out of his suit from the MIB costume he had worn and slipping soft sweatpants on instead. He had been so quick that she was still in the bathroom when he returned, panting slightly from his efforts.

He had settled himself into a comfy chair set next to the window, he had hoped it would be a nice reading nook for her when she settled in. He didn't get on the bed, he didn't want to be too forward. Melody could have changed her mind about him staying with her and he didn't want to make things awkward.

Alexander heard as the bathroom door unlocked and his head swiveled to watch as she reentered the room. She had washed off the heavy costume makeup she had worn, stripped off the layers of her red riding hood costume and was now fresh faced wearing loose sweat pants low on her hips and a tight tank top. She still had the faint traces of shock written on her beautiful face, but her shoulders were square, she was standing tall. She was accepting everything. She just needed some time to process all the information. Which was reasonable, it wasn't everyday a human found out about werewolves.

She smiled a little smile at him, and went towards the large king sized bed, she turned down the covers and slipped under the heavy duvet, in between the eqyption cotton sheets. She looked so small in the bed from where Alexander sat across the room. She patted the bed beside her, inviting him to join her there. Her hand froze, "Unless you don't want to stay with me? You can go to your own room. I'll be ok..."

In a flash Alexander was at the bed, moving with superhuman speed "I want to be here." He slowly slid himself under the covers, but stayed apart from her. She did not want separation however; She moved across the bed, until she was fitting her back against his chest, pressing her ass into his crotch so they were spooned as tightly as they could be. She reached behind herself, finding his hand, she dragged it across so he was now holding her tightly against himself. His hand interlaced with her own snuggled against her breast. "Just to sleep, you'll be safe here."

"You're a werewolf?" she whispered into the darkness.

"Yes" he whispered back in her ear.

"Everyone here, in this house, is a werewolf?"

"Mostly, there are a few humans about as well, mates of pack members."

"Oh. Mates. Right. Like me. Ok."

"Is everything ok?" his voice almost broke, he wanted everything to be ok. This moment, right now, her held close to him, tucked safely into bed together was everything he had been waiting for. She felt so right in his arms right now.

"I'm the one for you? You wont leave me? Change your mind?" he could hear the fear in her voice in that question. This was at least one fear he could take care of for her.

He held her tighter in his arms, while he whispered in her ear."I am yours, I am devoted to you. My life only has meaning because I found you. You are my other half, a piece of the puzzle that is me that I would be forever missing if I did not have you by my side. I was made to love you. To treasure you. To keep you safe. Even if you reject me as your mate, I will spend my life making sure you are safe and happy." As he spoke he felt her breathing slow, her body relax against his. She had fallen asleep in his arms, once she felt safe.

Her voice was a lazy slurred drawl as she spoke while falling asleep, "Tomorrow you will show me your wolf."He kissed the back of her head, smiling. Savoring the smell of her hair, the smell of her as it surrounded him. He and his wolf couldn't wait to see how she reacted to his wolf form. He soon joined her in sleep and had the best sleep of his life.