2:19

The next week was perfect, better than ever before. Alexander was scheduled to see his counsellor at least twice a week, he was getting Raven up to speed on current pack issues and general local politics. He felt lighter. Like himself in a way he had missed without even realising he had been missing something at all.

Melody's days were a little more boring. Delia had texted her on schedule all through the weekend through until Sunday night. Then she had called to let Melody know she was taking a week off school and going on vacation with the man she had gone home with on Friday night; and was still with. Melody had worried about her friend, but after talking on the phone, Delia was safe, and happy, and excited. So Melody wished her friend well. Maybe the dark tall brooding man Delia was with was a shifter too, and Delia was his mate. Melody gnawed on her lower lip wondering how she would even try to ask her friend if that was the case, without letting too much slip if Delia wasn't in on the paranormal secret world. A problem for another time Melody decided.

It was the last week of active classes before finals, so it wasn't the best time for Delia to skip for a week. Alexander wanted to tell Melody what he had seen the night she had gone out, how Delia was spending her time with a literal devil. Confirmed by Cyrus, who was also spending a lot more time looking at his phone since the weekend, and doing more solo early morning runs. Like 3am early.

Alexander almost wondered if he had met someone that night too. Alexander didn't want to think about the older, gruff man being in love, but his mate had died a long time ago, everyone deserves another chance at love. To be happy, and as Alexander watched Cyrus as he watched Melody and checked his phone, he thought to himself that the man looked downright happy. If he had met someone, Alexander was glad. Melody was good at sowing happiness behind her.

Wednesday night Alexander was actually ready to head to Melody and the kids for supper on time, when Guillermo intercepted him as he left his office; After Raven had left and they were alone. "There's chatter." Guillermo said, before continuing. "Scar." Sending a spike of fear down Alexander's spine. Things had been quiet for so long. He had hoped it was because it was over. That the hyena's had actually just moved on or gone far enough underground to be a non issue again.

Alexander followed Gulliermo to the freshly restored command centre. Guillermo explained how he had glanced a message from a witch chat group while sifting through unsecured data transfers, and then set out to find the source and monitor it. He wasn't able to parse out any single user's location or anything deeper than time stames and chosen usernames, but their conversations were worth following even without precise coordinates or ID's. This time they were talking about a recently found and confirmed Alpha Queen in America, because one of the witches had been offered a bounty to hunt her down.

The request had been denied for obvious reasons, and the group was told to be on the lookout for the location of a possible new Alpha Queen to offer support and protection if needed. The witches in the chat were all white, but one username that had responded had caught Guillermo's attention. Because it matched Delia's gaming handle. Exactly matched it. Now combined with the fact that she was spending a week with a demon; now Guillermo had suspicions about Melody's friend not being what she seemed.

"You suspect Delia isn't as safe?" Alexander questioned Guillermo, already knowing the truth.

"I can't prove anything, but this seems like too much a coincidence. Plus the Delia username has only responded to this chat around the same times she replies to Melody's phone" He looked at Alexander. "I get the log of activity, not messages or conversations." He said plainly. Some alpha's might be worried about how protective the guard was, but Alexander rested easier knowing someone as dedicated as Guillermo was watching over Melody.