19

They finished up their breakfast, their chatter animated and filled with joy and laughter. When Melody finally said she couldn't eat another bite without exploding, Alexander got up, and offered his hand to help her stand, and they made their way to Alec's office.

Alexander knocked before he opened the door to his uncle's office, knowing he was already expecting them. He was sat, regally behind his heavy wooden desk, flipping through a heavy file. He closed the file and looked up, a calm smile on his face. "Good morning, I see things are going well between you two?"

"Things are perfect" Melody said while staring up at Alexander with a dreamy look in her eyes.

"Almost perfect, Melody has some stuff she wants to get from her old house," Alexander paused,"before her family gets rid of it to hurt her."

"Would your family do something like that to hurt you Melody?" Alec asked, gently. Not wanting to cause the poor girl anymore pain than he had to, to keep her safe here.

"Beverly would. I don't know about anyone else for sure but they wouldn't stop her either. There isn't very much I want, so I would be quick."

"Don't you worry about that. We will get you all the time you need, and there will be some extra friends around to encourage civil behaviour." Alec winked at Alexander, the friends would be enforcers, and they were massive mountains of muscle to encourage civil behaviour one way or another no matter what.

At that moment, a variety of professionally dressed men and women swept into the room, briefcases in hand looking very serious. They arranged their cases on various tables around the room, and with a nod towards Alec they took their turns coming up to Melody. Needing her to sign various documents, confirm details and events, and prepare her for the impending confrontation with her family.

It was going to be set up almost like a mafia job. A patrol car with one of the lawyers and a uniformed police officer, who happened to be a werewolf would go first, and serve Beverly and Frank with notice that Melody has petitioned for emancipation due to unsafe living conditions. While They sputtered and argued with the police officer and lawyer, a van with eight enforcers along with Melody and Alexander in his jeep would arrive. Alexander and two enforcers would accompany Melody through the house, Alexander would help her grab what she needed, load up the jeep, tip their hats and be on their way never to look back.

It was terrifying and exciting all at once. Melody felt like her whole body was vibrating with adrenaline. "This is really happening? All of it? I'm not dreaming?" her voice a whisper in the room full of werewolves who were much larger than she was.

"It's all real Melody, now let's go get your stuff and never look back" Alexander was right there, holding her hand. Ready to step in and support her when she needed it. She squeezed his hand and he felt her steady herself.

"Let's get this over with."

Everyone arrived as though it was perfectly coordinated and not a plan that had only started to come together the night before. Melody and Alexander arrived just in time to hear a shrill scream that could only have been Beverly. Melody winced, flinching like she had been physically struck at the sharp sound. Alexander put one of his large hands on her knee, trying to impart some comfort to her. "It's going to be ok. I promise. I'll make it ok." He meant it, Flint was ready to tear Melody's family apart if they did anything else to cause her pain.

She smiled at Alexander, taking a deep breath, "I know. We'll always be ok together. Let's go get this done." she forced her face into a steely resolve. Fire burning behind her eyes. Happy, safe feeling Melody was beautiful in an almost ethereal way. Like an angel walking on earth in threadbare canvas shoes. Melody when she was ready to head into battle, was a vision of passion, and fury. She was sexy and if she wasn't so small compared to him she might be dangerous. Fuck she was so perfect. A perfect Luna, full of compassion, and kindness when needed, and burning fury when called to war.