2:24

Alexander had roughly a single minutes warning before there was a brusque knock at the door, followed by a firm command that the door be opened from a voice that both of them recognised. It was the witch who had helped Melody yesterday. Melody grabbed at her head. Only yesterday? It already felt like both a lifetime had passed and no time at all. She hated the lingering effects of the trauma. How it made her memory and sense of time weird.

Alexander bellowed out just a minute as he jumped out of the bed pulling on a pair of well worn sweats that somehow hadn't been thrown out or shredded in a shift yet and nothing else. While Melody scampered to at least put on panties before pulling a long pullover sweater dress over her head, and gathering her hair in a messy bun at the crown of her head. She came out in time to see the scowling thin face of the bird-like woman who had unlocked and locked a door with a silent wave of her fingers.

Melody walked over in time to hear Alexander thanking her for yesterday, she hadn't realised he had seen her too, since Melody had only seen her inside the chalet. She realised her and Alexander hadn't really talked about anything at all yet. Because he was waiting for her to process her feelings first. Knowing the shock lingered last time. She felt a fresh burst of love warm her heart. She wished he saw himself like she saw him. Alexander always tried so hard to be what he thought everyone wanted him to be. When him just being himself was exactly the kind of man the world needed.

Melody had walked over and snuggled herself under Alexander's arm, pressing into his side, still wanting the comfort of his touch against her body, when she was shaken from her daydreams by Josephine, as Alexander had called her, had the nerve to actually bop her on the nose with a boney finger asking if she was paying attention. Melody had in fact, not being paying any attention at all, but there was no need to be so rude about it.

Melody scowled at the woman, making her smirk in return,"Glad to see you still have some fire left in you, you're gonna need it." She looked Melody in the eye before pointedly looking down to her stomach, before raising to meet her eyes again. Making sure Melody had seen the gesture. Shit. Melody had suspicions, but that pretty much confirmed it, she was pregnant again.

Melody was looking for a fight to avoid dealing with her true feelings, Alexander felt her temper flare, before his hand stroked a long path down her back, resting on the top of her ass and pressing her more into him. A calming aura radiating from him. It wasn't fair when he used his wolfness on her like that. But it worked better than ativan at soothing her when she was in a bad way.

"Josephine would like to speak with us about your mom and family, about yesterday, and your first kidnapping." Alexander said, his voice soft, as he continued to push calm over her. "She thinks the same vampire that killed your father, is responsible for this, and she," he gestured towards Josephine, "has been hunting her for a while." Alexander pauded, and Melody would feel Josephine's eyes on them. Burning like lasers. While Melody's head swam in a collection of all the worst days of her life. Every major hurt she had suffered.

"In exchange for your full cooperation, We will share all that we know about Alpha Queens, and enchant these lands, and offer our protection to Melody and her children." Josephine said. Her tone as light as if she had ordered coffee from somewhere she didn't really respect but was being polite.

Her children. Melody's hand instinctually, already reached to hold her tummy and protect it. Shit. Josephine had her. Melody and Alexander were clearly not up to the task of keeping her safe on their own. She knew they needed her, and she needed Melody's memories. Melody was not ready to talk about yesterday, let alone her mom and past. But Josephine did not seem like the kind of person who would tolerate waiting well. It was for her children that Melody found her strength, before feeling something new, maybe it was related to this pregnancy. Each one was different, but she felt like there was almost a tiny trickle of strength being shared with her from somewhere outside of herself and different from Alexander.