15

Melody wasn't sure exactly what she was expecting, but this was not it. The room was a literal ballroom, and it had been decorated like a haunted house from ceiling to floor. Intricate scenes and backdrops paired with what had to be professional light set ups and smoke effects filled the space around the open dance floor. She couldn't help it when she looked around and her lips parted in a sweet o shape. It was over the top, like nothing she had ever seen before, and just for a small community Halloween party.

"What d'ya think?" Alexander asked her, a hint of teasing in his voice.

"I think you need to tell me what your uncle does to have a house like this and throw a party like this." She managed to keep her jaw from continuing to fall open as she looked around. "Whatever he does I'll do it to live like this." obvious awe in her voice.

Alexander's heart swelled. She had no idea that he was destined to be an alpha just like his uncle, and she was meant to be his Luna. By his side leading, but also creating joy for the pack just like this. He watched Melody's face light up and react as she looked around, mesmerized by how expressive her face was, how strong and obvious her joy was. She was intoxicating, just watching her was intoxicating. Briefly he was worried that he might overdose when he finally got to taste her, but he would die happy if that was the case.

She didn't notice his cousins and their friends staring at them intensely, from the shadows to their right. Alexander had been trained his entire life to be aware of everything around him, and was immediately aware of their gaze, giving him a heads up well before they started making their way towards them.

"My cousins and their friends are on the way over to meet you, they are cool. Don't worry, they will love you." He whispered in her ear, loving how she shivered when the words love you left his lips.

"I feel kind of stupid in my homemade costume. Everyone and everything here is like, Met Gala level stuff." Her cheeks burning red, she didn't feel adequate. Alexander hated that she felt that way, that she couldn't see how she was his sun, and all he wanted to do was be able to reflect her light a little like the moon at night. Her light was so brittle, he wished she could see herself like he saw her. He planned to dedicate his life to making her see herself how he did.

"You are perfect. Your costume is perfect. They are going to wonder why you are wasting time on me. Trust me."

"Lex!!"

"Who's this lovely creature?"

"Is she your ma... I mean M.G.C.?"

"M.G.C.?" Melody asked Alexander, looking up to meet his eyes, her brown meeting his blue through her thick lashes.

"Most gorgeous crush." He blushed at his lie, hoping she bought it, "I might have talked about you a little bit." Shut up everyone, she doesn't know about wolves yet! Or that she is my mate sent by the moon goddess! The warning was sent out this afternoon that there would be a human here tonight. No more mate or moon goddess choice slip ups! M.G.C. included. Alexander usually abstained from using the mind link to communicate, but this was different. He couldn't risk scaring away Melody, but he wanted to start including her in his life.

Thankfully Melody blushed while Lola kept her occupied asking about her costume. Once again getting to watch Melody come to life while she spoke of her sewing techniques, inspiration, and future costume ideas was magic. Alexander desperately wished he could see her like that all the time. Hopefully once she was free of her family, she would be free to give in to her hobbies and interests and be this alive more often.

"Hi, I'm Nick, this is Josh and Andrea." Melody shook the hand of the tall red head when he extended it towards her, as he introduced himself, as well as Alexander's cousin Josh, and their friend Andrea. Melody seemed shy as she waved to the small group of over eager werewolves.