2:28

"You don't have to do this yourself, Guillermo and I can take care of it.." Alexander pleaded with Melody. That evening as she insisted on preparing everything to travel across the country to execute Frank. Throwing random clothes into a suitcase while she stomped around the room on feet far too heavy for someone of her size.

"Yes I do!" she was nearing hissing at him as she insisted strongly. She paused, packing the suitcases, "I need to do this, he hurt my whole family Alexander. He needs to pay for it. I need him to pay for it. To know he brought his end on himself, I want him to know." Her words were so heavy with with such a finality to them, that Alexander, never able to really say no to her finally gave in. She could come on the mission, only if the shrink and doctor cleared her first. After this afternoon's panic attack, and early pregnancy he was sure she wouldn't get the clearance from the doctor. She's pregnant, no doctor would let her go out to murder their step father.

He had been wrong. The counselor assigned to Melody did say that vengeance wasn't the healthiest of choices, but given the harm that Frank had done, and the possibility that he could repeat this cycle all over again if another Alpha Mate or Alpha Queen were found was enough to seal his fate. He said that Melody was coping well with her trauma, and as long as Alexander was with her, she should be fine. The counselor did throw in the wildcard, that a third party had to go with them, to intervene if emotions became too high, which Alexander conceded was likely a good idea. The doctor also cleared Melody physically, she was young, healthy and had easy pregnancies. No physical reason to restrict her. Alexander's plan had failed and now he had no way to take it back.

So Alexander and Melody arranged for Diana to watch the kids for a week, after swiftly chartering a plane to take them across the country. Guillermo insisted on joining them, saying theirs was a stealth mission and better suited to his skills than a mass invasion plan across a continent that the elite teams were working on. Guillermo was busy on his computer the entire flight, Alexander hoped the satellite internet he had paid for was worth it.

Melody was nose deep in the journal Josephine had given her, while Alexander was left with his own thoughts. He was consumed thinking about the small twist of fate that had led him to choose Alec's pack instead of Wayne's pack like he had originally been planning. He was getting close to a depression spiral of his own as he ruminated on the past and things he couldn't change no matter how much he wished he could, when Melody's hand shot out grabbing his in a tight grasp, her eyes aflame.

"How did strangers know more about me than I did?" Melody had finished the journal, and seemed less stormy, but still certainly troubled. "I think it's my fault". Then, like lightning, Melody was suddenly ice cold to him. Like something had crushed the sunshine inside of her. Melody had turned to start cross referencing back through the journal. Alexander gently used a finger to lower it back down. Waiting for her to look up at him.

"None of this is your fault Melody." He said. Clearly. Making sure she was looking at him and listening. None of this was her fault, no one blamed her, Guillermo had watched from the scant poorly aimed security cameras at the school, tracing Melody's timeline. She had known the moment something was wrong and reacted. The explosion and weak freeze spell, confirmed now by a reader sent by Josephine, was proof that Melody had thrown off plans, she was supposed to stay in her class and be taken later while enroute to her next lecture. Melody had done enough to make the escape sloppy.

"I saw Ansley shift. I just didn't believe it. I had been asleep, and heard her and went in and" Melody was babbling, all her words running together as she explained how she should have known to keep Ansley home, all while Alexander stood there frozen. Remembering that he had felt it too. The flash he had felt wasn't just Melody's because of what she had seen. He knew something was wrong, but never thought it was his baby girl shifting. He had tried speaking wolf to wolf but just like James, baby talk was baby talk. Man or pup. Alexander folded himself around Melody, Making soft shhhing sounds at first before telling Melody that he was just as guilty by her logic. He had felt something that night too. But he had forgotten it. No one was to blame or what other people tried to do.