2:12

Melody awoke with the worst headache of her life. What a night she had had though she thought as she tried to get her head to stop spinning and her stomach to stop rolling. She physically felt terrible, but she was so happy. She checked her phone. There were messages from everyone. Including two hour check ins from Delia indicating she was having the best weekend of her life with the tall dark and nearly unbelievably attractive man she had left with.

I was glad she was safe and enjoying herself. Minnie and Rena seemed perfect for each other, and even Ruby was madly and perfectly in love with her boyfriend Mark. It had been a perfect night out. She knew Alexander's sisters had been ready to pick up the kids early. That Alexander had a meeting with the youth group mid morning, and almost everyone would be busy until after lunch time one way or another.

She dragged herself from bed, seeing it was already nine in the morning and she was running behind. She let herself enjoy a few minutes languishing on the stone bench in their ensuite shower stall as she slowly and methodically washed out her long hair while seated. Taking a lot of pressure off her already over taxed body.

She belched. Loudly, in a way that echoed off the stone walls of the bathroom. Making her blush so she could feel how warm her skin was even in the steam warmed washroom. "Now I remember why I don't drink. The day after is fucking murder." She grumbled to herself as she finished pulling herself together under the steaming water.

Washing her face and body under the cascading waters; Melody did her best to shake off the haze of the previous night. She had to keep everything on track today so Alexander would be surprised. So she could blow his mind. As her stomach rolled one more time. That had been part of her master plan once it became an option. Alexander would never ever suspect Melody of having two nights in a row planned to be away from her children. She had fallen in love with being a mom the moment James was placed on her chest and she saw his tiny, cloudy newborn eyes, lashes still covered in all the things newborns arrive in the world covered in. But those bright blue eyes, eyes she had grown in her body, nothing compared to looking into those eyes the first time.

She had rarely spent even a single night away from the kids. Preferring to be the one doing all the baths and bedtimes, and just wanting to be with her children. She wanted her kids to know they were wildly, deeply loved. Loved just as they were. From the moment they arrived and drew their first breaths. No, there was no way Alexander would expect Melody to have something planned for tonight after her big girls night last night. She was certain of it. Counting on it.

Melody managed to hold herself together throughout the day. Alexander and the kids were busy with various wolf related activities for families, and she was busy organising things for the next Full moon celebration. All The wolves were on edge, and eager to be together and social around the full moon, so Melody had started to have informal bonfires, or BBQ's or really any excuse possible for the wolves to congregate and do what they did best.

Melody's monthly celebrations had become famous for the surrounding packs. Each month seemed to get bigger and bigger as more wolves wanted to join in. The celebrations had become known as the Lunar Love Parties informally. Older than average wolves from neighboring packs came in droves, and there had been so many mate bonds formed as a result.

So far, aside from her children, these monthly little parties had become Melody's most prideful accomplishment. Her small actions were bringing so much joy, so much love together in the world. It made her heart sing with happiness. Raven had been such a help, she really would have made a perfect alpha leader if wolves were less sexist. Or if Alexander hadn't been born. Which wasn't a world Melody wanted to think about. Really, they were so tied to the lunar cycle, it amazed Melody that no one thought to organize some kind of monthly event before she got there. She was 'only human' after all. She thought. Rolling her eyes. No matter how often she heard it, she never believed it.