skies: asuna × reader

2015

***

You wound your fingers through the soft grass, tipping your head back to look at the stars. The weight of Asuna on your lap added warmth, more than your jumper ever could, and you bent down to kiss her forehead. She sighed happily.

"It's so quiet out here," she remarked, looking at the empty field. Faint noise could be heard from the nearby town, and lights from people's homes made it stand out.

But the two of you were away from that, alone together, happy to just be with each other.

"It is," you agreed, your eyes skimming the expanse of stars.

"(Y/n)?" Asuna spoke after a several minutes of quiet.

"Mm?" You looked down to see her upset, her eyes lowered. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"This is... real. Right?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, we're in a game, right? When we get out, we're still going to be together, aren't we?" She looked up, her face pink. You stared for a minute, then laughed.

"Idiot," you laughed, shaking your head.

"Hey!"

"Why would you even question that? Of course we will!" She relaxed in your arms, smiling.

"I'm glad," she said.

"Hey, can you recognize the constellations?" You said, tipping her head up to look at the sky.

"Maybe," she said, narrowing her eyes. "Oh! Found one!" She extended her arm to point at a bright cluster of stars, directly above her head.

"That's not one of them!"

"Yes it is!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

You sighed and raised your hand in surrender. "Fine, it's one of them." You gave in. "Did you pack any food?" You asked, reaching for her bag.

"I'll get it!" She grabbed the bag, and rummaged through it. "I did," she said.

"Great, I love your cooking!" She smiled and handed you a sandwich. You bit into it happily, sighing. "What about you?" You asked, swallowing your food.

"I only bought one," she said. "It's for you." You shook your head, and split the sandwich.

"Here,"

"No, you have it."

"Fine. Say ah!"

"Wait, wha- AH!" She jumped in shock as you pinched her, only hard enough for her to be surprised. You took the opportunity to give her some of the sandwich.

She glared at you as she chewed.

"No need to look at me like that!" You said. She was almost scaring you. She continued to glare. You smiled and kissed her, surprising her again. Colour rushed to her cheeks.

"(First name), she mumbled. "Idiot."

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A/N~ So I did a double update to make up for not updating before, and I'm doing the Erza Lemon next, probably very soon