trust: moana × reader

2020

I'm not even taking requests but more than half my old ones are for Moana and Sinon, so sit tight :)

I'm sorry if you feel I'm ignoring your request or anything, truth be told it looks like I have about 100 haha, so I'm doing my best

On the agenda I already have Sinon, Hinata, Shuka, Tiana, Mulan, Momoi, Lucy (Elfen Lied) and Aurora so I hope that's okay for now, I'll open my requests up ASAP for you guys x

***

The ocean stretched out as far you as you could see, so clear and calm it looked as if there were two suns blinking at you, one beaming down on the bustling island, the other a bright reflection in the water.

You dug your toes into the warm sand, content on the beach. As much as you hated to admit it you were quite terrified of the ocean; you'd seen how it could turn violent and unforgiving in a split second, and you never let your mind dwell on what lay deep beneath the surface. In fact, you hated to admit it so much nearly no one knew, making up excuse after excuse to stay out the water.

Your love, however, was a completely different story. Moana loved the ocean, and whilst you knew she loved you more, you couldn't stand seeing her face fall slightly every time you told her you were too sick, or had a cramp, or had to help with something else. You knew you had to tell her the real truth.

As if your mind had conjured her up, you felt warm, sandy arms wrap around your neck, soft curls tickling your ear. Moana planted a soft kiss on your cheek and dropped down next to you on the sand, grinning widely.

"What are you so excited about?" You asked, unable to stop your own smile forming. She wore her every emotion on her face, and they were practically contagious.

"I've spoken to everyone and told them you're not well, and to leave you to rest today!" She was giddy with excitement. "And seeing as you feel better today, we're finally taking the boat out." She waited for your reaction.

You froze, searching your mind for an excuse, but none came. Moana's smile faltered slightly, not seeing the reaction she'd expected.

"What's wrong?" She asked, shuffling closer to tuck your hair behind your ear. "You feel sick again?" You resisted the urge to say no, knowing she'd want to take care of you, leaving your guilt to eat away at you. Steeling yourself to finally tell her the truth, you turned to her worried face.

"I was never actually sick or busy before." You sighed. Moana drew away, hurt. You hurried to correct yourself. "It has nothing to do with you, I swear!"

"Then what?" She frowned. You hesitated, but her frown deepened.

"I don't like the ocean. It scares me and I don't really want to go out on it." Silence followed your words. She leant back on her arms, watching you.

"So you lied to me?"

"I'm so sorry, I haven't even really told anyone that either. I just know how much you love the ocean, I didn't want to disappoint you like that." You lowered your head, ashamed of lying to her this whole time.

Moana grabbed your hand in hers, pulling your chin so your eyes met hers.

"Don't ever feel like you have to lie to me," she said sadly. "I could never love the ocean as much as you, (Y/n)."

You couldn't help but kiss her, deciding that if there was ever a better person to face your fears with you would have a hard time finding them.

"Let's go, I'll come with you." She drew back in surprise. "Get the boat."

"Really?" She jumped up and whooped, running to drag the boat out into the ocean. She saw your hesitation, and picked you up, ignoring your sounds of surprise, sitting you down in the middle of the boat.

"You're safe with me," she reminded you as the small boat took off, cutting cleanly through the water. You ignored the anxiety, holding onto Moana's hand, using her as a lifeline.

The water was calm, and the boat rocked gently as you held each other. You played with her hair, as a small distraction, her head in your lap as her feet hung off the the edge of the boat, toes skimming the waves. You could still see the beach, and you were thankful; being surrounded by nothing but sea would not help your panic levels.

Hours drifted by, and whilst you were not completely at ease, the calm was stronger than the fear. The two of you sat together, eating fruit as the sun sank down, setting the water on fire with a soft orange light.

"Thank you for this, (Y/n)." She smiled gently at you as the boat rocked back up onto the beach before darkness fell. You jumped out the boat, grabbing her waist and lifting her out with you.

"Anything for you," you grinned, pulling her waist towards you. She kissed you, lips slightly salty from the sea, skin warm and sandy.

There was no one you trusted more.

***

I notice my view counts for my lemons compared to my fluff are wayyy higher lool, I'll try do a couple more soon seeing as they're popular ;)

much love, Bee