clash: juvia × reader

2017

Tried a free form piece, collab with thicchi because I'm probably terrible at this style

Bit short so another update pretty soon

Note: some of you were confused so to clear it up, italics represent the future and non italics represent the time you first met and fought, it switches back and forth

♤♤♤

You rub your palms against your knees, generating heat from both the friction and your powers.

Her skin is cool, and you feel like you have a fever, your fingertips burning hot as you trace down her.

She stands opposite you, not 10 metres away, calm and blue, waiting for you to do something. The standoff is tense, and the anticipation pools in your gut.

Her fingers are quick, gently hooking over each button, only her slightly shaky breathing betraying her calmer exterior.

You are hot and red, skin and soul bubbling as you watch her, torn between the urge to show her your power and to let her show you hers.

Her lips move slowly against yours and the calm is driving you crazy. You want to move faster, it's all too slow, but she won't let you. Her hand covers yours, holding it down.

You want to scream, to yell at her to make a move, do something. But she doesn't, so you take a step forward and the whole earth shifts under your feet, knocking you off balance at her feet.

Her neck is exposed and the flesh is so white you cant help but want to leave a mark. Her hair is the colour of water and falls down in waves behind her, and you dip your fingers into it, tangling them in the curls.

Water pools around your entire body and a single touch from your fingertips turns it scalding hot, steam steadily rising up and clouding your vision. You can see her figure, no longer still, moving to avoid the boiling water.

She moans. This is what you live for.

Your whole body feels like flame, pulling you back up, eyes burning, palm tingling as the steam dissipates. You don't waver when you see her eyes with fire as intense as yours in them, but become brighter. You grin and she mirrors you.

You love her you love her you love her. This is your new mantra, everytime you touch her you are both calm and on fire all at once, she has engulfed your mind, the true flame she is. Sometimes you think she belongs to fire, but then there would never be the clash.

You are exhausted but buzzing with energy, attacking and defending, you pray for an end but hope it never comes.

This clash.

The elements and power and souls and energy.

This is what you live for.

You'll always live for her.

♤♤♤

Hope you enjoyed, I'll be updating soon, I work less in the summer but I still have some school stuff to finish before I'm free for summer

Have a great summer guys