There Is A New Boss In Town

Leo's POV:

Sera and I had fallen fast asleep in my bed. Her head was on my shoulder, my hand on her back, and hers on my chest. I received an unexpected phone call while we were sleeping peacefully. With my left hand, I reached for my phone, which was on my nightstand.

I checked the caller ID and saw that it was my father who was calling. Before pulling the covers back and getting out of bed, I carefully untangled my arm from Sera's. Before answering the phone, I went into the hallway.

"Buongiorno, padre," I answered. 

"Leonardo, incontra Edward all'hangar dei jet; hai cinque ore prima di essere nominato capo di questa mafia, (Leonardo, meet Edward at the jet hangar; you have five hours before you are appointed head of this mafia)," my father said over the phone. 

"Saro li tra cinque ore (I'll be there in five hours)," I promised. 

My father hung up the phone. I returned to the bedroom, where Sera was barely awake. She gave me a friendly smile.

"What was the phone call about?" Sera inquired.

"That was work," I started. "I need to get up to New York to take care of a matter."

Sera seemed disappointed with the news I had just told her. I walked over to her on the bed and kissed her on the lips.

"I'll be back as soon as I can," I promised.

"You better," Sera said, smirking.

***

Ed and I had finally arrived in New York, where we were met in a fancy car and escorted by our mafia boys

Ed and I had finally arrived in New York, where we were met in a fancy car and escorted by our mafia boys. I was so nervous about what was going to happen that my leg was shaking up and down.

"Chill out," Ed said as he looked over at me.

"That's easy for you to say," I retorted. "It's not like you inherit or live up to your father's reputation."

"Dude, you look sharp, and you're going to outperform your father, so when you get out of this car, be the confident badass that you are," Ed chuckled.

It was the best motivational speech I could have received. Just then, the car came to a stop, and someone opened my door for me, so Ed and I got out. I buttoned my suit jacket and put on a serious face. I climbed the stairs and entered the New York building, where I went up to the penthouse.

When I arrived at the penthouse, I saw many members of my own mafia, as well as other mafia leaders who had earned the right to be there. And then there was my family.

Before entering the room, I took a deep breath.