It All Starts Here

Leonardo 'Leo' Lombardi's POV:

The definition of a mafia is a "type of organized crime syndicate whose primary activities are protection racketeering, arbitrating disputes between criminals, and brokering and enforcing illegal agreements and transactions." The word derived from the Sicilian mafia since that is where the organized crime syndicate started before spreading to Italy and the United States. 

My family started out poor in Sicily until they came to the United States where they slowly raised to the top. It wasn't long before the Lombardi mafia became big and their reputation frightening. The Lombardi mafia is an organized crime syndicate that engages in protection racketeering, arbitrating disputes, brokering, enforcing illegal agreements and transactions along with loan sharking, gambling, drug trafficking, prostitution, and fraud.

The Lombardi mafia originated from Sicily and now resides in Miami, Florida. It is run by the Lombardi family and will forever be run by the Lombardi family until there are no Lombardi's left. That is something I will make sure of because I am Leonardo Lorenzo Lombardi, the next Lombardi to run the mafia. 

***

I sat with my boys as they threw money at the dancing girls on stage

I sat with my boys as they threw money at the dancing girls on stage. I sat back in my seat as I sipped on a glass of Prosecco. We had just got done with a job, so the boys wanted to celebrate and have a good time, but I wasn't in the mood to participate so I remained quiet. 

Ed, my right-hand man, and friend leaned over to me and asked, "Are these girls not your type?"

"I'm just not in the mood, Ed," I replied. "Besides, do you have any idea what my mother would do to me if I brought a stripper home?"

Ed laughed before giving the young dancers his attention once again. I was becoming more and more bored by the second, so I started looking around the building. Before I could do anything else, a waitress with a tray in her hand asked, "Would you like another, sir?"

I looked at the waitress and couldn't help but stare. She is dressed in red and black lingerie which fits the theme of the building, but when I looked up, all I could help to notice was her attractive face. Her eyes have so much to say and her smile is so bright. 

"Yes," I answered

"Yes," I answered. "Thank you."

She took my glass and placed it on her tray before walking away. I looked over my shoulder. I saw her go behind the bar and refill my glass with Prosecco. Then, she put it back on her tray and began walking in my direction. I quickly turned my head forward, so that she didn't notice me watching her. 

"Here you are, sir." The waitress said as she handed my glass back to me. 

"What is your name, love?"

She was hesitant to give me her name but she eventually said, "Sera. My name is Sera."

"Thank you for the drink, Sara."

She smiled before walking off. I wanted to talk to her again, but my cell phone began to ring. I took it out of my leather jacket's front pocket and raised it to my ear. 

"Si (yes)," I answered. "Non vedo l'ora di incontrarti (Well, I look forward to meeting you)."

I hung up the phone, before putting it back in my pocket. I leaned over to Ed and said, "Have the boys ready for tomorrow."

I stood up from my seat and walked out of the building. The valet boy pulled my car around. He gave me my keys and I gave him a tip. I opened the driver's side door and hopped into my car before speeding away.