What is the Meaning of This?

Sera's POV:

I left work at four o'clock in the morning. The girls and I exited the strip club before splitting up to head home. Some people drove home, while others, like myself, walked. It isn't ideal because the streets may be hazardous at night, especially for a female like me, but I know most of the people on the street and as long as I don't stick my nose into anything and go quickly, I usually have no problems.

It was a pleasant stroll home until a van drove down the street and came to a screeching halt in front of me. Several men poured out of the van and ran close to me before I could respond. I tried to flee, but they caught up with me. They dragged me back to the van while I kicked, yelled, and struggled to get free. Once I was in the van, one of the men hit me in the face, knocking me out. 

I awoke duck taped to a chair surrounded by a cage after what I imagined must have been hours of having been passed out. I tried moving my arms and legs, but it only made me feel in pain from the friction of the duck tap rubbing. I could only get out of it if I had a knife. I felt like an imprisoned animal. 

As I gazed around the dark and humid room, I started crying. What exactly is going on? After a few minutes of being awake, a door cracked open and I heard footsteps approaching. A man emerged from the shadows, a smile on his face.

"Nice to see you awake, bonita," the man said, smirking. "Thought the boys had knocked you out too hard."

"Who exactly are you?" I spat.

"An acquaintance of your boyfriend," he clarified.

He had no way of knowing Leo. Was he doing a business transaction with him that didn't work out, so he kidnaps me?

"Why are you doing this to me then?" I inquired.

"Your boyfriend needs to be taught a lesson," he said angrily. "So, if I take his girl, not only do I accomplish that, but I also control him."

I shouted, "Leo is a businessman! Talk to him if a business deal goes bad!" 

"Is that what he told you?" He burst out laughing. "Well, he's a businessman of sorts, but when it comes to this business, talking doesn't work. But don't worry, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it quickly. Besides, I plan on Leo succumbing so quickly to get you back that neither of us has to worry about you getting out of this."

Before the door closed, he stepped away from the light and out of my sight. My face was covered in tears. I wished to return home.

***

 Gio and Vince rushed to Sera's apartment, but she was not there. They asked neighbors, who said they hadn't seen her. They even went to her workplace and asked the females whether they saw her leave last night or if she had contacted them afterwards. Every turn they went led to a dead end, implying that this was going to be a bad phone call to Leo.

 "This is one phone call that Leo isn't going to like," Gio remarked.

Vince reached for his phone and called his brother Leo's number before raising it to his ear. Vince was about to talk with his brother when he heard Ed respond in his place.

"Ed, Sera has vanished," Vince said. "If I had to guess, whoever sent those photos probably has her."

"Fuck!" Ed yelled into the phone. "Leo will not like this."

"No, he is not, someone has just declared war," Vince explained.

"How are we supposed to find her?" Ed inquired.

"We don't have to do anything; they sent photos, and now that they have her, they'll contact my brother first, and once we know who they are, there's nowhere for them to hide," Vince explained.

"All right, Vince, you and Gio go poke around quietly." I'll keep your brother informed." Ed gave the command.