Who Is This Girl I Keep Hearing About?

Leo's POV:

I walked into my parent's house with my brothers. The three of us immediately went into the kitchen where we found our mother making chicken piccata for dinner. 

"Buongiorno, mamma (good morning, mom)

"Buongiorno, mamma (good morning, mom)." My brother's and I greeted. 

"Ciao, ragazzi miei (hello my boys)," My mother greeted. "Che cosa avete combinato voi ragazzi (what have you boys been up to)?"

Vince and Gio immediately ransack the refrigerator while I sat at the kitchen counter, facing my mom while she cooked. I loved my mom's cooking! She had the best Italian dishes!

"I ragazzi e io siamo appena tornati dalla palestra (The boys and I just got back from the gym)." I said. 

"Vedo (I see)," My mom began. "Ecco perche voi ragazzi aveta deciso di portare i vostri arti tatuati nella mia cucina (So that is why you boys have decided to bring your tattooed limbs into my kitchen). Sai come mi sento per i tuoi tatuaggi (You know how I feel about your tattoos)."

"Scusa mamma (Sorry mom)," Gio replied. 

My mom smiled at all three of us. She put the chicken in the oven and leans against the counter while she wipes her hands with the towel.

"Allora, chi e questa ragazza di cui continuo a sentire (So, who is this girl I keep hearing about)?" My mother smirked. 

How did she find out about Sera? I looked over at my brothers and glared at them. Vince shoved the rest of the leftover Mac n' Cheese into his mouth before he and Gio ran off. 

"I'm gonna kill them," I mumbled. 

"Oh honey, they weren't the ones who told even though they spill the beans from time to time." 

"Then, who told you?" I asked. 

"Tuo padre (your father)." She replied. 

I should have seen that coming. 

"How do you feel about here?"

I looked up at my mom and admitted, "I don't think I've been this serious about someone before."

My mother smiled and covered her mouth with her hand. She was getting all gushy feelings with me. 

"What?"

"I'm just happy for you baby." My mom beamed. "Why don't you invite her over for Sunday dinner? That would be a great opportunity for your siblings to meet her along with your dad and me."

"Are you sure it's not too soon?" 

"If this girl is as serious about you as you are about her then she will come." My mother advised. 

"Alright, I'll talk to her about it," I assured. 

"Great! Now, go get your brothers and your father, dinner is ready." My mother informed me. "I'll get your sister."

***

A Few Days Later...

Sera agreed to go with me to Sunday dinner but when the time came, she found herself stressed with trying to find an appropriate dress to wear. Sunday dinner was something my parents always did with our family, after church, so they typically are dressed in fancy casual. Heck, even I have to dress up. 

"What am I going to wear?" Sera asked as she sat on the edge of her bed dressed in nothing but her underwear

"Well," I began. "I was saving this for a special day but since you are stressing yourself out, I'll give it to ya know."

I went out to my car and came back with a back full of clothes. I set them down in front of Sera and said, "Here you go."

She looked in the bag and dropped her mouth. 

"Are you serious? This is for me?"

"Yes, now go put it on or we will be late for dinner!" I expressed.