It's Just A Date

Leo's POV:

I sat at a table in the back of the restaurant, waiting for Serafin to arrive. I was so nervous that I couldn't sit still. My leg was moving up and down while I fiddled with my fingers. I began checking my phone every second, making sure I didn't get a message from her.   

I saw the hostess walking my way

I saw the hostess walking my way. She put another menu in the seat across from me before moving out of the way, revealing Serafina who was dressed in a casual dress. Her hair was worn down and she had a necklace, bracelet, and a few earrings on. I immediately stood up.

"Is there anything else I can get for you two at this moment?" The hostess asked

"No we should be good, thank you," I replied. 

The hostess walked off while I pulled Serafina's chair out. She sat down in the chair and I politely pushed her in before taking my own seat. I was so happy she could make it! I was beginning to worry she change her mind and would not come. 

***

Sera's POV:

Leo and I remained quiet while we looked at the menu. I found myself going back and forth from him and the menu. It got really awkward once we were both seated. I don't even know what to say so I bit my tongue and continued reading the menu. 

The waiter came and took both of our orders before we both fell silent again. I looked around the restaurant and saw that we were the only table that wasn't talking. I lowered my head to play with my fingers under the table. 

"You look very nice." Leo complimented. 

I looked up and said, "Thank you but I feel underdressed."

"Not from my view." 

I looked down at my hands and blushed as a smile appeared on my face. I couldn't believe he just said that!

"You don't have to be so shy."

"I'm sorry, I'm just out of my element." I apologized. 

"What do you mean?" Leo asked. 

"This is a very luxurious restaurant and area. I've never had the opportunity to experience something like this."

I stopped talking and realized that I said too much already. 

"What was your life like?" Leo inquired.

"It wasn't great," I began. "I mainly remember my mom and know only a little bit about my father."

I stopped. I felt like I shouldn't be talking about this. I didn't want Leo to feel sorry for me because I don't need it.

"Serafina, we are just two people talking. You don't have to shy away but if you really don't want to talk about jit then we don't have to."

"Please call me Sera. Okay, um, well my mom didn't have enough money after my father was killed so she started doing my line of work. She didn't like it but it put food on the table. I was fourteen years old when the police came to our apartment. They told me that my mom was shot and killed while she was on her way home." 

"Sera, I am so sorry."

"Me too. I had no source of income so I had to work and finish high school. Once I graduated, I started working full time. I moved out of that old apartment and into the one I got now. So, here I am." I finished. 

"I really mean it when I say I'm sorry you had to go through that," Leo added. "Now please don't take any offense to what I'm about to ask but do you like where you are now?"

"Not at all." I sighed. 

The waiter finally brought out our food and set them on the table. Leo and I began eating our food while we continued to talk. 

"What is your life's story, Mr. Lombardi?" I asked. 

Leo chuckled and said, "The opposite of what you had."

"Go on." I insisted. 

"I grew up with a close family. My father is a successful businessman while my mother looked after her children. I am the oldest of three siblings. I have a degree in business management and I am currently being groomed to take over the family business." I revealed. 

"That is really great, Leo! Congratulations on all your accomplishments!" I praised. 

Time flew by and before we knew it the restaurant was about to close so Leo walked out with me. We stopped in front of the restaurant. 

"Well Leo, thank you for dinner." I thanked. "I had a nice time."

"I'm glad you had a nice evening." Leo smiled. 

"I better be on my way," I said as I started walking away. 

"Would you like to do this again?" Leo blurted out.

"You have my number." I smiled. "Goodnight Leo!"