Chapter 16

"Severus?" Rhea called him not breaking the hug and he hummed lightly. "What's going on?"

"Nothing that you need to be worried about." Severus said to her. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah." She finally pulled away. "All these days I felt like I didn't know him and I would choose Sirius over him. But now after reading this and knowing how much he loved me from the second I was born. I feel like I'm betraying him somehow. Am I bad daughter, Severus?"

"Not at all, darling." Severus moved her hair out of her face and smiled at her. "You didn't know him. He won't blame you even if you said it directly to him that you see Sirius more as your father than James."

"But he loves me so much and-" "Darling, you are thinking too much." Severus said to her. "He doesn't mind if you loved Sirius more. He wasn't there for you but Sirius was there. So, it's fine if you loved Sirius more."

"Really?" She looked at him doubtfully.

"Yes, really." He said to her. "Your father loves you no matter what and he will continue to love you the same way. The same goes for your godfather too."

"I love them too." She said to him.

"I know." Severus smiled at her. "Now, stop worrying too much."

"Ok." She nodded her head and he kissed the top of her head making her blush. "What did you talk to dad and Siri?"

"Hmm, that is something we should discuss." Severus said turning serious. She looked at him alarmed at the serious tone. "Nothing to worry." He said seeing her tense and she nodded her head.

"What did they say?" She asked him again.

"I want to tell you everything, Rhea. But there are some things-" He stopped not knowing how to tell her. "Just trust me, ok? I'll tell you everything in time. I promise."

"Why are you not telling me anything now?" She asked confused.

"I have my reasons and you will understand when I tell you. It's not anything dangerous or something. I just need some time." He said to her.

"Ok." She said looking down at her lap thinking why he is hiding anything from her. She fiddled lightly with her fingers when he placed his hand on top of hers making her look back at him.

"Don't think too much, Rhea. It's not something to be worried about." He said to her.

"I'm not thinking." She lied to him and he raised an eyebrow in amusement. "Really."

"Sure." He said and she pouted lightly.

"You don't believe me." She said to him and his eyes went to her lips. He found them so distracting. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before looking back into her eyes. There was confusion written all over her face and he pulled her close placing his forehead on top of hers.

"You don't know the effect you have over me." He murmured and she looked at him shocked. But his eyes were closed deeply inhaling her scent. "It hurts to not touch you or do more."

"Se-Severus?" She gulped in fear and her body stiffened. He stayed quiet for a long time and just breathed in her scent. She didn't relax at all and he cursed himself for making her uncomfortable. He moved away from her and sat at the edge of the bed looking away from her. His hands clenched the bedsheet tightly.

"I'll be in the living room if you need me." He said and left the room without waiting for her reply.

Rhea slowly released her breath when the door closed behind him. She didn't know what to think about what just happened. She knows it was normal between husband and wife, but she is just sixteen for Merlin's sake and he is of her father's age. She is having a hard time accepting the fact that he doesn't hate her and instead cares for her. It's just too much for her.