Chapter 17

The days to Draco's wedding passed quickly. Rhea and Severus stayed at Godric's Hollow as they wanted to give the family privacy even if they didn't mind. They visited once a day and Rhea can see the happiness radiating from Narcissa whenever she talked about Astoria. Rhea knew she shouldn't be jealous of Astoria, but after knowing about her life at Greengrass Manor and how she is going to be treated after marrying into the Malfoy Family, she felt Astoria is so lucky and a bit jealous of her too. She knows it's childish and berated herself for thinking as such. She sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror.

"What's wrong?" Severus asked from the doorway. He was leaning on the doorframe with a hand in his pocket and she thought he looked handsome in his dark blue robes. They match her robes, she has to wear robes as Narcissa said it is a traditional bonding. She didn't know what it was though. Severus said it wasn't different from normal bonding in any way.

"I'm all yours." He chuckled as she just looked at him in awe. She blushed and looked away from him. He didn't do anything other than light kisses or pecks on her cheek, forehead or hand after that day. She was relieved that he didn't. She isn't ready for more after that day again.

"I-" She felt childish to answer his first question. She bit her lip as she slightly curled her hair with her wand. "Nothing." She said absentmindedly again.

Severus narrowed his eyes lightly and went forward and placed his hands on her shoulders making her jump slightly. He took her wand from her hand and placed it on the vanity in front of her and she held her breath as he was so close to her.

"What's wrong, Rhea? You know you can share anything with me. I won't judge you. I swear." He said as he styled her hair for her. She looked at him in surprise that he knows how to do it.

"It's stupid." She said and he chuckled.

"What is?" He asked as he placed her hair in a messy bun leaving a few curls to fall on her face. He looked at her face in the mirror and nodded approvingly. "So?"

"I'm just jealous that Astoria got so nice in-laws who are going to treat her like their own daughter." She said fiddling with her fingers avoiding his eyes. "I'm sorry, Severus. I'm not blaming you or anything. I just-"

"Hush, darling. It's fine. I understand." He kissed the top of her head and rubbed her shoulder in understanding.

"You do?" She asked uncertainly.

"Yes." He smiled at her. "It's fine, really." He assured her.

"I'm sorry." She said ashamed of herself.

"There is nothing to be sorry about, darling." He said squeezing her shoulder. "Don't overthink." He couldn't say anything else even if he wanted to. He sighed in his mind and smiled at her in the mirror and she smiled relieved.

"Now, remember what we talked last night." He said and she frowned lightly and thought about it.

Severus knew it's going to be risky if she goes anywhere alone but he can't lock her inside forever and she needs to go out sometime. But he is a paranoid prat and won't let her go anywhere without him as long as the charms stay. He is trying his best with the dark lord to find out the counter for it.

So, he decided to just tie her to him until then. He won't risk her at any cost. She either stays at his side or the dark lord's side for the whole night at the bonding. He said it was for her own safety as there might some death eaters who would want to target her for vanishing their lord all those years ago.

"Yes." She nodded and he smiled at her approvingly. "Did you get any gift for them? I forgot."

"They don't need gifts. They need our blessings." He said and she was about to protest but he chuckled. "But I got something for them."