Chapter 20

"I think it went even better than we thought." Narcissa said as the last guest left. The only people left were her, Lucius, Severus and Rhea. "My son is married. Our son is married, Lucius."

"Yes, he is." Lucius smiled at her excitement and kissed the top of her head. "I think you should just stay here for the night, Severus."

"Yeah, it might be better." Severus agreed and looked at Rhea who was already looking at him. He looked back at Lucius. "We will retire for the night then."

"Good night both of you." Narcissa smiled at them.

"Good night." Lucius nodded at them.

"Night." Severus said to them.

"Good night you two." Rhea smiled back at Narcissa and Lucius.

"Let's go." Severus said to Rhea and went out of the room. Rhea followed him silently until they entered their room. "Before you say anything-" Rhea closed her mouth and thought how he knew that she is going to say something as he had his back to her. "I want to clarify something."

"What?" Rhea asked looking at him cautiously. Is he leaving her like everyone else? He won't do such thing, will he? But her dad and Sirius said he will be there for her always, didn't they?

"You are my wife, Rhea. Rhea Snape-Prince, Mrs Snape." Severus turned towards her. "Our bond is for life and I would do everything in my will to keep you safe and with me."

"Severus-" Severus raised his hand to stop her from speaking again. She huffed lightly as he sighed and came closer.

"I would never hurt you or do something that will hurt you either physically or mentally or any other way." Severus continued.

"I'm sorry." Rhea shouted. "I didn't mean to say such thing. It just came out by mistake. I really didn't mean to say such thing."

"You will only things that are in your mind, Rhea. You were angry and when you are angry, you only say truth." Severus said and Rhea opened her mouth to say something, but closed it again.

"I never thought you were the same as those people." Rhea said angrily. "I would never compare you to such people."

"But you did." Severus said calmly.

"No. I didn't mean it. I really didn't mean it. I'm really sorry. Please." Rhea said as tears formed in her eyes.

"Shhhhh." Severus pulled her to his chest as she started crying. She held him tightly.

"Don't leave me." She sobbed and he tightened his grip on her. His intention was not to scare her. He just wanted to make it clear to her about his intentions. He didn't know how else he can make her believe that he will never leave her and he would rather keep her forever, longer than she thought he could.

"Rhea, never think that I will leave you." Severus said into her hair. He can't talk much as he didn't know if Dumbledore was listening to their conversation or not. "Trust me. I would rather keep you forever."

"You are angry at me." She shook her head.

"I'm not. I was just hurt that you would think I will hurt you or leave you." Severus explained to her.

"I'm sorry." She said to him.

"I know. I know. I don't blame you for saying that as I was the one who is responsible for it. I just wanted to make sure that you know I would never hurt you like them. I didn't want to make you think I was angry at you or I'm going to leave you. I was just clarifying things. That's all. Trust me." Severus kissed her head.

"Promise?" She asked looking up at him.

"Always." He smiled at her and she hugged him again. He sighed when she suddenly pulled away.