Chapter 21

"Good morning, darling." Severus smiled at her as soon as she opened her eyes. Rhea smiled back at him lazily. She has become lazy in the few days that she is here. Severus made her like this. He won't let her do anything other than eat, sleep and finish her assignments or read some books from the small bookshelf like library at Godric's Hollow. Her dad surprisingly has a lot of books which interested Rhea. 

Rhea smiled even more thinking how they are going to move to their new home in a couple of weeks. They owl ordered all the required furniture as Severus didn't want her to leave the house for a long time even if he is going to be there with her. But, they still ordered everything they needed for the big manor. 

She can't believe Dumbledore would do such thing as hearing into her private life and tracking her location. She almost screamed in shock if not for Severus kissing her. She was too shocked to even move. She hugged him tightly in fear of what Dumbledore would do and fell asleep in his arms last night as he assured her that he would always protect her no matter what. 

"Mrs Snape, I know I'm handsome, but I'm all yours. You can stare at me as long as you want later, now you should get up and eat something." He joked and she blushed a bright red before getting up from the bed.

"Stop teasing me, Severus." She huffed before leaving the bed. 

"You are the one who is teasing me, darling." He groaned lightly before thinking about Dumbledore and Ronald Weasley to make sure he is not turned on anymore. He too got up from the bed and went to the small coffee table in their room and called an elf to bring them breakfast and inform Lucius that they will be eating in their room. 

"Are we eating here?" Rhea asked coming out of the room. 

"I know that you don't feel comfortable eating with a lot of people even if you like them." Severus said in reply. Rhea felt her breath get struck in her throat at his reply and didn't know what to do for a couple of seconds before she went to sit beside him as he placed food for her in her plate. 

"Hungry?" He asked her and she nodded her head before digging in with him. "Didn't you eat properly last night?"

 "I did. But I'm still hungry." She shrugged and he frowned lightly but nodded anyways. Is it normal for her to be hungry randomly like this? He noticed this odd behavior a couple of times in the last month. 

"We need to go to a healer before you back to Hogwarts." Severus said to her. He didn't want to take any risks when it came to his little wife.

"Why? Are you not fine?" She asked looking at him worriedly. 

"I'm fine. We need you to be checked once." He sighed before waving his hand to get parchment and quill.  'I don't trust Madam Pomfrey completely. She might've ignored everything that is not related to Hogwarts' injuries.' Severus rolled his eyes as he wrote the last part.

"What do you mean by that?" She asked confused and he sighed. "I don't think that's necessary."

"It is." Severus said sternly. "Now, eat. You said you were hungry." 

"I'm not hungry anymore." She pouted at him feeling angry instead of hungry. "I don't want to eat."

"Rhea, we are only going there to make sure that our bonding hasn't affected you in the wrong way." Severus lied through his teeth and she frowned not able to believe his lie. "My magic may not be compatible with yours and when we bonded completely, it might be suppressing yours and is still continuing to do it. That might be why you are feeling weak at random times."

"Is it really possible?" She asked with wide eyes and he nodded. He is not lying when he said the second part. It might cause her to feel weak due to her magic being suppressed by others, but she is his mate. Their magic is declared compatible by mother magic herself. "Alright then." He felt a bit bad for lying to her, only a bit, but this is for her own good.