Chapter 19

"I'm sorry for leaving earlier, Draco. There was a slight issue with Dumbledore. I hope you don't mind." Severus said smiling a little. "I wanted to say it before, but you look lovely Astoria. I heard you went shopping with Narcissa to buy this one?" 

"Yes." Astoria nodded meekly. Narcissa wanted to see her bonding robes to make sure the jewelry she is going to gift Astoria will match her robes. She was outrageous when she saw Astoria's bonding robes were her mother's wedding robes. Astoria's parents thought it was unnecessary to buy new dress for a one day event. Narcissa demanded to go shopping right then and there which Astoria can't say no and they bought these navy blue robes and Narcissa bought Draco's robes in the same color to match hers. 

"Bonding is a big thing. You must be so tensed and nervous right now. You are still young and this is not the right time for marriage. I totally disagree with the ministry, but we can't do anything but follow the stupid rules." Severus said to her. "All I want to say is don't take too much stress thinking about your duties as future Lady Malfoy. Cissa will manage everything till you complete your studies and grow up to be a young and even more beautiful lady."

"Professor-" "Just Severus. We are family now." Severus said and she looked at him with wide eyes. "Did you think I'm going to be the same person with my family?" He chuckled lightly at her and she shook her head. 

"It's fine. Don't be afraid of me. It's going to take you time, but I hope you won't continue to see me as the same Dungeon bat at home too." Severus said and she looked at Draco who was looking at Severus seriously. She looked back at Severus and shook her head. 

"Pro- Severus, I never saw you as Dungeon bat. You are the head of my house and I always looked up to you. The whole school is against us Slytherins and if it wasn't for you, they would've treated us worse. It's all because of you and your strictness that they are afraid to bully Slytherins." Astoria said to him and he smiled at her. He sighed knowing he can't avoid Draco anymore and turned to him. 

"I told you why I had to go." Severus said to him. 

"I got bonded today, Uncle Sev." Draco said looking hurt. "And you just left without a word, what should I think? I didn't even know if you were going to come back or not." 

"I'm really sorry for going like that Draco, it wasn't my intention to hurt you or anything." Severus saw Rhea coming towards them and sighed again. "I'll explain everything to you later. I want to dance a little with your wife, if I may?" 

"You swear?" Draco asked and Severus nodded. "Fine, if Tori doesn't have any problem." 

"I don't." She told him. 

"Perfect." He forwarded his hand to Astoria who took it without hesitation and went to the dance floor with him. Rhea sighed when she saw them going and turned to Marvolo who was looking amused at Severus' behavior. What is he trying to do? Marvolo thought smiling a little. 

"You are smiling." Rhea said with wide eyes. 

"And?" He raised an eyebrow at her before walking towards the champagne tower and taking one glass from it. "Don't go anywhere and just sit. I don't want to be seen following you around." 

"I'm sorry." She said sensing his irritation. 

"Sit." He told her suddenly changing his behavior for some unknown reason. She followed his line sight and saw nothing that can make him angry. She sighed and started playing with her robes looking at Severus who was talking and laughing with Astoria. She remembered her conversation with her Dad yesterday. 

"My little Bambi, if you ever see your husband with another woman talking or laughing or anything. Stay calm. Don't let your brain think stupidly and doubt him. Believe in your bonding and-" He stopped suddenly and smiled at her. "Just believe in Severus, alright?"