Chapter 9-Lexi

Pierson pulled me aside and almost found out how in love I am with Andrew when Brent conveniently interrupted our conversation to have a squad meeting. When the meeting ended, Andrew invited me to hang out with him. "Hey Lexi, are you feeling better?" He asked, thoughtfully. He's so sweet. "Yeah, a little. Thanks for asking." I responded. "Do you want to go on a drive with me? We can go to this one spot, it's a field of dandelions." He suggested. "Oh my goodness, dandelions are my favorite flowers!" I said, excitedly.

He put the cutest smile on his face and we headed to the car. While driving to the field, he asked me a couple of questions. "What's your favorite song?" Andrew asked. "Dandelions, by Ruth B." I answered. "I should've known." He laughed. We arrived at the field and got out of the car. It was around 5:00 PM and the sun was getting ready to set. Everything seemed perfect.

Suddenly Andrew looked at me seriously. We stared into each other's eyes and it was very quiet. All of a sudden, he kissed me and I kissed him back. We pulled away and sat down. "I don't think either of us are ready for a relationship." He said quietly. I nodded my head in agreement then said, "But when I am, I will come running to you." while looking into his eyes again. We shared a long hug and got back into the car to head home. Andrew dropped me off and we gave each other friendly smiles and I walked inside.

I stepped into the shower and thought about what happened while I was washing my hair. I knew I would not tell anyone, especially Brent, about what had happened unless Andrew and I started dating for a while. I got out of the shower, put on my pajamas, and fell asleep thinking about Andrew.