Chapter 23- Brent

It had been a few weeks since our engagement party and Lexi and Andrew had been more suspicious than ever. Once or twice every week, they would leave early and be gone for hours on end, not telling anyone where or why. Whenever we asked, they would just evade the question. On top of that, Lexi's choice of clothes were changing completely. She usually wore crop tops, corset inspired tops, tight mini dresses, but she was now wearing baggy clothes and dresses 2 times her size. Something was definitely up.

Being the meddling brother that I am, I decided to spy on them. I started off by following them secretly when they left early once again. However, the LA traffic didn't allow that and I lost them shortly after. Okay, so that didn't work. I thought to myself. What if I listen in on one of the frequent conversations that they have behind closed doors? Yes! I am such a genius.

They went up to Lexi's room, and I followed them. I tried to press my ear up to the door, but I couldn't hear anything. After a minute, the door opened and I went flying inside the room. "Brent? What in the world are you doing?" Lexi asked. "Were you eavesdropping?" She continued. "Me? Eavesdrop? No! I was just..." I looked around and thought for a moment, and Lexi angrily crossed her arms. "picking up this pen!" I said enthusiastically. I picked up a random pen off the floor. "See?" Then I quickly speed walked away.

My final attempt to find out what was going on was to use my resources. I found their closest friends from outside of Amp World and asked them for any details they had. Turns out that Lexi and Andrew had left them in the dark too. Great! I thought to myself. I'll have to try harder next time.