Chapter 13- Ben

I just got back to California after visiting some family in Hawaii. I was excited to see my friends again, but immediately I entered the room, there was a weird vibe and some tension. Lexi and Andrew whispered something to each other and then Lexi pulled me aside to another room.

    "Okay.." she said, hesitantly. "What's going on?" I chuckled nervously. "Don't tell me you want to get back together with me!" I laughed. "Uhm, no. Far from it, actually." She said, looking down. Huh? I thought. "On the contrary, I am kind of, sort of, dating Andrew." I blinked twice. "What?" I asked for reassurance. "Is this another one of your pranks?" I asked, not believing her in the slightest. "No. It's not a prank. I swear." I was shocked, then I saw red. "You're really going to go and date my best friend? Ex-best friend, now!" I yelled. "Don't say that! Our breakup was mutual." She said.

"You're allowed to move on, why not me?!" She continued to scream in distress. "Because I'm not dating one of your best friends!" I screamed back. At this point, I'm sure everyone in the house can hear us. "Do the fans know?" I asked. "No, we're keeping it private for a little bit." She responded.

    I just walked away angrily, leaving her in tears. She walked out of the room behind me and everyone hugged her while she balled her eyes out. Then Brent turned around and gave me a glare look. He walked outside with me and yelled, "What's wrong with you, man? You made my sister cry!" "She's dating my best friend!" I yelled back.

    "You guys broke up over a year ago! It was a mural decision and it's not like she broke up with you and Andrew swooped in and took her from you! You had no right to make her feel sad. Just let her be happy, is that too much to ask from you?" I was silent for a few seconds, then I finally responded, "No." "Well, obviously it is." Brent said, coldly, and walked away. I stood there, realizing my mistake.