Chapter 12-Lexi R

It was around 2:30 PM when my mom decided that she was going to take me out for a 'Mommy-Daughter-Day'. "I'm so excited, it's been so long since we've had one of these!" I expressed, not revealing why I was suspicious of how random it was.

    "Well, I want you to dress up in your favorite outfit, put on some makeup, do your hair, or don't. Whatever feels natural to you." My mom said, sweetly. What? I thought to myself. What is she up to? I thought again. But I did as she said.

    I took a shower and put on my favorite brown sweat pants with a white ribbed knit tee shirt, and some Air Force 1's. I straightened my hair and did my makeup as usual. Then Mom and I went out. We went shopping, got some food, and some ice cream which is my favorite dessert. We got home around 4:40 PM and when I opened the door, I was in complete shock.

    "Oh. My. Goodness." I said, my face looking indifferent, but really, on the inside, I was beaming at how pretty the house looked. There were decorations galore. I walked into the kitchen, and there was Brent, holding a pice of paper. He handed me the paper and said, "Read it, and follow the instructions."

    I opened the life of paper and there it said, I see you've found your first clue, now follow this note, and to find the next location, remember our quote. From, Andrew. "Ah, Andrew huh?" I said out loud, speaking to myself. Andrew and I had an inside joke, where we made up a 'famous quote' that says "If you follow your path, it will lead you to a desert because there's nothing in store for you."

    Obviously, that wasn't true for me, but I'm not so sure about Andrew. I giggled to myself in my head. "Desert..desert." I thought out loud. "Oh! The desert cafe!"

    I drove there with Brent and my mom and there we found Jeremy, holding another note. I can't believe you were smart enough to figure this one out. Watch a sports channel, or go to a sport court, and you'll find her next clue, without a doubt." The note read. He's so bad at rhyming, this is cringey.

    I giggled to myself again. I had to admit, I loved his cringiness. We headed to the tennis court, because Andrew and I loved playing tennis together.

    When we got there, it was Pierson who was standing with a note, and Lexi H with a bouquet of dandelions, my favorite flowers. Lexi handed me the dandelions and Pierson gave me the note. The not read, This one is pretty self explanatory, use the dandelions as your clue as to where to go next. P.S. I got tired of rhyming. I chuckled out loud and we all drove to the dandelion field.

    My mom, Pierson, Brent, Jeremy, Lexi H, and I. When we arrived, the entire Amp Squad was there with Andrew walking towards me, holding a small box in his hands. "I don't really know how to say this. I know we were supposed to wait, but I realized that I loved you too much for that. I'm at a loss of words for your beauty, so with that being said.." He bent down on one knee and opened the box. The box had a beautiful diamond locket necklace in it with a note that said, Will you be my girlfriend?

    A tear trickled down my cheek and joyfully said, with my voice breaking, "Of course I will, weirdo! Now get up, please. You look cringey." I said, tears rolling down my face. He picked me up and I wrapped my arms around his neck while he spun me around and everyone clapped, some with tears filling their eyes. He put me down and put the locket on em.

    I opened it and it was a picture of Andrew and I laughing hysterically while walking down a dark empty street. I remember this photo from a photo shoot we did a little back. I told him this was one of my favorite photos of us, I was so happy that he remembered. I felt so glad. Then ur realized, the only person not here, is Ben.