Chapter 17- Brent

I got home from Pierson's house around 2 PM. We hung out, and watched a movie. She's so much fun to be around, I didn't think anything would go wrong today. I was corrected when I got home to Lexi and Andrew having a screaming battle in a locked room. Lexi's voice was breaking as if she was crying.

    "Is everything okay?" I yelled to them. They continue arguing without a response to my question. A few minutes later, Lexi stormed past me, sobbing. I felt bad. This was the second person whom she trusted to make her cry in only 2 weeks.

    The door was cracked open. I gave an angry glance at Andrew then ran to the pantry to get Lexi's favorite candies and caught up with her. I knocked on her bathroom door. "Lexi? Are you okay?" I asked gently. "No! Leave me alone!" She said back, still crying. I knocked once again and said, "Please let your favorite brother in!" She cracked the door open, looking at me with the biggest puppy eyes that only came around when she was really sad.

    I handed her the candies and walked her to her bed. We sat down and I asked her what was wrong. "He's going to all these parties with these gorgeous girls. It makes me feel," she paused. "Feel what?" I asked. "Insecure." She responded, as if she was ashamed. "If he can't understand your problems, and he can't communicate properly with you without making it an argument, then you should take a break." I said. "I would, but the problem is that I love him." She said, starting to cry again. I gave her a hug and gave her some space.