Safe

YEJI's POV

Hearing her voice like that while talking to her mother, I felt like my world is falling apart.

It's like every words that came from her mouth was a dart making a hole in my heart.

It's my first time witnessing how vulnerable she can be and how it was caused by her family.

She's always smiling, caring and like a person with no problems whenever she's around us.... When she's with me.

I stayed silent throughout their talk not wanting to meddle, just holding her hand letting her know that I'm here for her, until I heard a slap.

She's shaking and I just want to pull her, run away and protect her from this person known as her mother.

"Maybe your father was right... You shouldn't have been born... We lost everything while raising someone as ungrateful as you" I heard from her mother.

How come a mother could speak to her own daughter like that.

Ryujin then spoke before she walked away, leaving me here but I don't mind. As long as she's not with this woman in the same place.

"You look like having a good life... Might want to stay away from my daughter if you don't want a change in life" her mother spoke passing by me.

"Ma'am...." I spoke that halted her action.

After a little talk, I immediately run to the elevator but it was already in use that I chose to use the stairs.

Thankfully, I saw ryujin going out of this building and when I reached her, I held her arm, wanting to talk to her.

I know she have a lot in mind and I'd want to be there for her, even though I can already feel the shortness of my breath, maybe resulted from coming down in four floors.

She ran, not wanting to talk right now but I followed her tracks, worried of what could happen if no one would stay by her side.

Not minding the rain, I fasten my pace even though it'll result to something.

Hearing her shout to stop me from following her, I wasn't able to form any response as I can barely catch my breath.

Then I noticed she's slowly halting to turn around that I quickly approached her and encircled my arms around her waist. Hugging her from the back as I catch my breath.

"I can't breath" I said and felt my head throbbing.

She's unclasping my hands but I held her tighter as I felt a tear escaped my eye because of the pain that suddenly appear. "No... Don't...."

She turned around with a worried facade but thankfully I managed to form a smile to hide the pain I'm currently feeling and after some talk, I proposed that we should go back to her apartment.

And I know that her mother won't be there anymore.

Then we arrived and changed to warmer clothes. While in the bathroom, I took painkillers just to lessen this pain while I'm with her.

Not long after, we sat on her couch she said she'll make us a drink but I held her hand.

My hand dropped after she left. Feeling that the pill haven't effected. I walked my way to her and hugged her. Leaning my aching head to her back.

But I know to myself, I'm more worried about what's running in her mind than the pain I am feeling.

I let her know that I'll be here by her side, willing to wait for her to speak up her problems.

After that, we sat back on her couch and finishing our drinks, I noticed how quiet she is and how many times she deeply sighed.

"Come here.. lay first.... Take a rest" I guided her by pulling her shoulder to lay on my thigh.

Not long, she moved and told me I should be the one taking a rest. Telling her that I could do that in my own room later, I persuaded her to sleep.

Saying that I'll stay with her.

I felt like crying when she kissed my hand. I don't know but that act is like expressing thousands of emotions before she closed her eyes.

Minutes or maybe an hour have passed when I saw the sun setting outside the window.

I was just rubbing her hair to ease my aching head, when I felt something coming out from my nose and when I touched it. I saw blood sticking to my fingers.

I quickly covered my nose with my handkerchief and look at the person sleeping on my thigh. Thankfully she didn't woke up with my movements.

I brought out my phone and messaged Lia if she could give me a ride as I don't think I'll be able to go home on my own, with my condition. And she agreed telling me to wait for a bit.

Standing up slowly and carefully laying her head on the couch, I went to pick up a pillow and blanket from her bed and put in on her.

Knowing that she won't busy herself to cook her dinner later after she woke up, I decided to do it for her.

I got to her kitchen and looked something that I can cook. With eggs and instant rice, I just made her an omelette rice.

Making it shouldn't be that challenging and difficult but with my heavy head, I used the counter to support my weight.

Then I served it on the table in front of the couch where she's currently sleeping.

Crouching within her level, I caressed her face peacefully and if I could describe her.... She'll be my safe place but..

The pill didn't effect, maybe because I've been using it for a long time. So the pain just don't fade away.

I won't be able to wait for her to wake up and I also don't want her to witness me in this kind of state so I just wrote her a note and put it under the plate.

Forming an excuse why I left and telling her to not be sick as we were rained earlier.

Going down outside the building after Lia informed me she had arrived, she guided me inside her car.

"Yeji... What'd happened to you?" She asked worriedly but I just smiled at her tiredly.

"I'm fine..." I responded when she fixed my hair as soon as she hop in.

The ride is not as peaceful as I expected it to be.

Holding on to my seatbelt tightly and my eyes were forcefully shut as the ache increases. I suppress the sounds I wished to let out. I don't want for my friend to notice it.

"Hey Yeji... We're here... Do you want me to call your parents?" She asked that I quickly shook my head.

"No.." I managed to blurt out and open my eyes. "Thanks Lia for the ride... I'm sorry I won't be able to invite you in" I said.

"Ofcourse it's fine... Wait" she responded before hopping off the car and opening the door for me.

"Thank you" I only managed to whisper before I entered our house, rushing to go up in my room.

As soon as I went in, I covered myself with my blanket and tightly hug my pillow.

"Ah!!!" I shouted as I face my pillow. It hurts so bad now that I let it all out.

I held my hair as I shout and curled up in my bed. Until I cried when I wasn't able to handle the pain.

I cried and cried, biting my lips to lessen my shouts. Worried that my parents will hear it.

Until I got tired and sleep off the pain.

'I could go again like this just to stay by your side'.
___________________________________________________________

So.... Dashi Run Run Run

Sorry for any errors. Share your thoughts in the comments!!

Thank you for reading!! Kindly vote and follow for more stories 😌