Hug

3rd POV

This room is lifeless, just like how the owner felt.

Untouched case of pills, trashcan filled with used tissues that in some, red could be seen, and food is again spoiled on the side table of the bed.

The owner is just there, laying her head on the study table while she plays the umbrella. Leaving the plushie safely tucked in the blanket on her bed.

Then there's a knock heard before her mother entered the room, carrying yet another tray of food that the brunette showed no interest on digging in.

"Yeji, come here. Take a bite at least. It's been days and and it's scaring me already, look at yourself." The woman spoke, settling down the tray on the bed and sitting beside it.

"I'm fine Mom" she said and hid her face with her arms, still on her desk.

"Please... You don't eat, even your medicine and you still haven't taken a bath, c'mon how can you go on days like that" frustration is evident with her voice but deep inside, it's full of concerns with the mother's love.

"I have nothing to do, why do I need to live properly if I'll eventually die. Maybe tomorrow or the other days, this body will suddenly collapse and never be conscious again" the whisper was loud enough that made the atmosphere heavier.

"I'm sorry, what can I do to make you feel better? I can't take seeing you like that. Tell me what you want" the older really wants to do anything that will make her daughter be lively again.

"No. Thanks Mom for trying" the brunette rose up and went beside her mother, there's a smile as she said that but it couldn't be considered as the most sincere one.

"If only I know and I can do something to make you feel better" the other held her daughter's hand as she looked at her, both were showing their teary eyes. "Can you please eat? For me? You need to be stronger"

"I don't know Mom, even though I'm not doing anything, I feel so restless. I need to sleep" and there she scooted and tucked herself hugging the plushie.

"Okay... I'll let you, I'll just comeback here later. Sleep tight dear. Mom loves you" she caressed her daughter's hair before leaving the room carrying the trays.

The older Hwang battled within herself whether to ask for her husband's permission on the thing she thinks will help her daughter. But knowing that it is more likely that he'll turn things down, she better do it on her own.

From that, she went to their kitchen and there she brought out her mobile phone. And soon she waits for someone to pick up, someone known as her daughter's best friend.
.
.
The next day when her husband is busy in his office, like always, she vacant her day for an important meeting with someone.

And when she arrived at the cafe, directed by Lia, she looked for the person that can help her daughter.

Maybe the thought that her daughter is more likely to choose staying like that and the doctor being too late threatens her. So she needs someone that can make her daughter have the will to take care of herself, just for the meantime. Until the doctors arrived.

And they had the talk, no other matter was discussed and the older leaved the whiskered to think for herself, not knowing that she'll do it even if she wasn't told by the older.

Though they both wanted the same thing to happen, each had different reasons. One is to keep her daughter healthy until the doctors arrives, and the other wanted because.... The reason is still not verified but maybe.. maybe because they need each other and lost of the other makes both of them suffer.

Coming back to their huge home, the brunette's mother went straight to her room. Finding her daughter throwing yet another used tissue, even though her eyes were swollen, red and carrying a huge bag, she knows it's not used to wipe tears but a blood.

She quickly supported her daughter and assist her on tilting her head.

When the bleeding stopped, her mother couldn't hold back her tears and started sobbing in front of her.

"Mom..." The brunette patted her mother's back when she was hugged tightly by her.

"Have you eaten sweety?" She formed her best smile and broke the hug.

"Not yet. Join me" the younger said and stand up, offering her hand to her mother that gladly took it.

A simple meal made it extra special when after days, her mother was able to convince her daughter to eat.

YEJI's POV

As each days passes by, I'm becoming weaker and weaker, I can feel it. I often got nose bleed and always sleep off the ache I feel.

It's the last day of the year and tomorrow, surprisingly I completed another year. And I don't know if I wanted more.

"Mom... I'll take a walk for a while" I told when were having our lunch. Dad doesn't even go home sometimes because of his work and I'm okay with it, for now.

"Okay, since you haven't got out for days. Inform me where you are later so I could fetch you if you'd want." She gave me a pocket money and hugged me. "Aren't you going to use your car?"

"I'm fine. I won't get that far" I said worrying that I might got into accident when I had an attack and worst, got people involve.

Then I left, wondering in the streets in this gloomy afternoon. I walked and walked until I found myself sitting here in the bus stop.

"I need to breath" I spoke as I rode the first bus that stopped. Not knowing where should I go.

I watched the road I'm taking as I listen to the music currently playing in my earphone. Missing the one I share this with.

Maybe I got too engulfed with the view that I end up, once again, stepping my feet on the sand.

Just how I missed playing around here... With her. Did I do the right thing? Ending up here but all I think about is her.

I sat by the seashore as I waited for the sun to set. I don't really have any plans on celebrating the incoming new year later but I'll just accompany my mom because I don't think Dad will make it for the dinner.

Even watching the sunset reminds me of her. What can I do now that she's invaded my mind.

We used to be here to witness this view but now I'm alone.

I sighed, feeling the wind turning colder as soon, moon will rise and be the only source of light.

I stand up, not wanting to suffer with this feeling anymore. I should leave before I fully look back on our memories here that will only cause me more pain.

As I walk here, I don't know why I started to feel heavy. I suddenly felt nervous and I slowly stopped my tracks when I figured out why.

She's here...

In this night, right here in this seashore, there she was looking straight back at me. Eyes wide and red.

We're alone but... I'm not ready to talk. Not when I know what's mostly to be our topic. My heart might not be able to take it. I'm too weak to accept that she can't... That we can't happen.

So I turned around. Running. Making my way far from her. From the person that can heal me but also breaks me.

I started to tear up and it makes everything blurred but I didn't stopped.

Until I was pulled. Held tightly. Arms were wrapped around my neck. The feeling of being hugged securely by this person that I missed the most. I melted in her touch and wanting to believe there's a chance.

I let my tears drop and I didn't moved. I wanted to feel this, just for a moment.

I heard sobs as I felt her snuggle and hug me tighter, pulling me closer.

"Don't leave me" she mumbled.
___________________________________________________________

Ahm.... Yeah. Thank you for reading. Share your thoughts!! 💭

Kindly vote and follow for more stories!!