Love

RYUJIN's POV

Yeji spent her night here at the apartment and we didn't really got enough sleep to recharge ourselves as we decided to cuddle on my couch while we eat snacks and watch netflix.

I'm not fond with the idea of her, not getting enough rest but I also want to do what she wants so I let it be.

"Yej, will you go with me at the cafe or do you have any plans?" I asked while she lay on my bed, and I prepare my clothes for work.

"I'll get clothes from home first and go there later so we can leave together after your work? Will that be fine with you?" I suddenly felt her arms were wrapped around my waist and her chin resting on my shoulder.

"You can use my clothes tho..." I tilted my head and stopped on choosing my attire for today.

"I plan to stay longer here Ryu.." then she snuggled on my neck, tightening her hold.

"Promise you'll come back okay? I'll wait for you at the cafe" I finally said before turning around and returning the hug.

We stayed like that for a moment before I broke the hug and picked up my clothes. "I'll be late if I let you hug me for more..... But I'd like to have that later"

Then I went to the bathroom to get ready for work....... And to compose myself.

I can't help it. I can't stop myself from thinking whenever I'm with her.... That any time soon, there will be no her around. I won't see those cat eyes and smile. Her....

Thankfully I managed to form an excuse yesterday when I suddenly tear up because of the possibilities of us, not ending with each other.

Atleast for that, I can be one of the reasons why she wants to fight off that illness and live right?

And with these thoughts started to fill up my mind, I didn't noticed that I finished prepping myself and as I twisted the knob and slightly opened the door, I heard something clicking and I immediately closed the door without making any sounds.

She's taking her meds.

Maybe she's in pain but I can't just walk towards her because I won't be able to do anything.

I'll make sure that she won't know. I won't let her be bothered if ever she figured out that I already know. We can stay like this, I can hide it.

After a few minutes I went out and was welcomed with her warm smile. I walked towards her and patted her head. "Aw... Why are you so cute?"

"Hey.... It's so early ryu" she held my hand and pulled me closer to her. Resting her forehead on my shoulder.

"I love you" I hugged her. Caressing the back of her head with my hand while the other hold hers.

She hummed and nodded.

Maybe this is the most that I can do to help her. Stay by her side when things get tough.

"Do you want me to send you home? I'll just text--" I wanted to escort her home cause I know she's not feeling well right now.

"No.. Go now. I'll rest for a while, I'm just.... I'm just sleepy. Yeah" she stepped back and smiled at me but I just knitted my brows as I look at her. She's trying so hard to hide the pain. Am I too dense to notice this kind of smile of hers back then?

"Okay.." I said before lifting her up, bridal style. She wrapped her arms around my neck while staring at me, keeping the proximity. "But I won't leave until you're asleep" I said when I reached the bed frame.

I put her down carefully and tucked her in the blanket, making sure that she's comfortable enough to get the rest she needed.

"Sleep now if you don't want me to be late" I said patting her head as I crouched down beside the bed.