26

"Hey, Jake? Can we talk?" Heeseung asked. They just finished eating and now Sunghoon is washing the dishes while talking to Jay.

"Yeah, sure" Jake said and put his phone down. Heeseung went to the kitchen first to inform Sunghoon.

"Hubby, Jake and I are going to talk outside for awhile"

"Sure, love. But where?"

"Just by the pool"

"Aight, take your time" Then Heeseung left.

Heeseung and Jake went out, heading to the backyard where the pool is and sat down while their legs are on the water.

"What's with the sudden talk? You seem serious" Jake started.

"It's about Sunghoon"

"Why? Did he hurt you or something? Tell me–"

"Are you mad at him?"

".... What?"

"Tell me, are you mad at Sunghoon?"

"I– I'm not"

~

"Dude, do you have a beef with Jake or something?" Jay asked while he's watching Sunghoon wash the dishes.

"I don't. But I think he's mad at me"

"What? Why, though? Did you do something wrong?"

"Man, I don't know! He's just like that to me!"

"You should talk to him about it, y'know"

"I tried, earlier. He asked if I'm taking care of Heeseung and I said yes but it looks like he didn't believed me, he even threatened me. Damn, what's with your boyfriend?"

"He's not my boyfriend"

"What is he to you, then?"

"A friend, maybe"

"Yeah, whatever. Anyways, as I was saying..."

~

"Stop lying, I heard your conversation with him earlier. Why do you have to be so harsh, Jake? He's doing nothing wrong"

"But he's not taking care of you"

"He is, you can't just see it because all you see is the Sunghoon who is rude and all"

"I never said anything like that, and I never said that I'm mad at him"

"You don't have to say that you're mad because it's already obvious! Especially with your words!" Heeseung snapped. Jake was a bit shocked because this is the first time that Heeseung snapped out.

"What's with my words?"

"Why do you have to threaten him like that?!"

"I'm not threatening him, I'm just warning him. You know what, what's wrong with you? You're getting mad at me as if I did something wrong!"

"I'm not mad, but you're making me"

"Yeah? Like a care"

"Of course, you never care!"

"I always care, Heeseung! That's why I said all of those to Sunghoon! Because I care and I don't want you to get hurt!"

"You don't have to protect me like a damn child, Jake"

"Heeseung–"

"Yeah, whatever. Let's end this discussion, I don't want this to get worse" Heeseung said as he stood up, Jake immediately mirroring his actions.