29

"And– Sunghoon? Are you okay? Hey, Sunghoon?" Heeseung snapped his fingers infront of Sunghoon's face, bringing him back to reality.

"I– what? Oh, are you saying something darling?" Sunghoon asked. Heeseung's brows furrowed, irritation plastered on his face. And not going to lie, it scared Sunghoon a bit.

"I'm sorry, baby. I was thinking of something, I'm really sorry" Sunghoon apologized immediately and showered Heeseung's face with short kisses while hugging him tightly. However, Heeseung didn't respond.

"Heeseung, baby? I'm sorry, love"

"I'm talking here for minutes and you're not listening to me"

"I'm really sorry, love. I was a bit preoccupied"

"'Bit'? No, you're literally not listening to me and thinking of something or someone else" Heeseung sulked. Sunghoon sighed.

Heeseung stood up, ready to leave their bedroom but Sunghoon immediately pulled him back.

"I'll tell you what I'm thinking about, just don't get mad at me" Sunghoon said, almost begging. Heeseung quietly sat down infront of Sunghoon and waited for him to talk.

"It's about what my mom said" Sunghoon started.

"Which one? The, 'she's coming back' thing?"

"Yes, darling"

"I also want to ask something about that. Who's that she? And why are you thinking so much about it? Is it that important?"

"Baby, listen to me first, please"

"Psh, whatever, continue"

"Okay, so that she is my sister, I'm sure you saw the pictures inside my necklace. That's her"

"Then why are you worrying? Did you guys fought or something?"

"No, not at all. The thing is, she didn't know what happened with my first fiancé. She thought that I'm still with her, and she obviously didn't know that I broke up with that girl and have a new fiancé already"

"Y-you have another fiancé?"

"My first fiancé, baby"

"Who.. who was she?"

"Wonyoung, Jang Wonyoung. Like our marriage, it's arranged. BUT– I don't want it and I don't like or love her, not at all. So I begged my parents to cancel the engagement which they luckily did. Wonyoung got so mad at me and until now, she's chasing me"

"So I was right? You're using me to escape from her?"

"Baby, no. You know too well that that's not my reason, I already told you about this! Please don't think like that, baby. I'm not using you, okay? I will never ever do that, I'd rather die than to use you" Sunghoon said and cupped Heeseung's cheek.

"I-is that true?"

"Of course, baby. You know how much I care for you, right?" Sunghoon caressed Heeseung's cheeks as they talked. Heeseung nodded.

"You care for me, I know that. And that's enough for me to believe you, hubby"

"Mhm, that's my baby. Thank you for believing me, love"

"I will always believe you, no matter what happens" Heeseung mumbled. Sunghoon pulled him closer for a proper hug.

"I'm sorry, baby"

"For what?"

"For not telling you this earlier"

"Hubby, it's okay, don't worry about it"