New beginnings

Louis's POV:

The sound of quiet music playing from the radio can be heard as I hop in the passenger seat of the black jeep.

"Hey, Lou," Zayn says as I shut the car door.

I send a little nod to him before he faces back forward and starts heading towards the school.

Zayn has been my best mate since the 3rd grade. He's been there for me throughout everything no matter what.

He has deep hazel eyes, black medium-length hair, and tattoos that litter all over his body just like I do.

"So are you ready for today?" He asks me, breaking the silence between us.

"Sure, I just wish it didn't have to be this way, you know," I tell him while shrugging my shoulders.

I hear him let out a sad sigh from beside me knowing exactly what I mean.

Although Zayn and I are best mates, we didn't go to the same school before.

He went to Holmes Chapel school for the gifted; it was for kids like us with special abilities, they have classes to help you control and even strengthen your powers along with the regular main courses. I on the other hand went to Doncaster high, a normal high school with normal people.

I didn't see the point in going to a school for the gifted since my powers have always been trapped inside of me, unable for me to use them.

But now everything was different.

This past summer my world seemed to have fallen apart causing me to have to move here.

"I know, but I promise everything will be ok. And besides, now you get to hang out with me all day" he says cheekily.

A small chuckle leaves my lips at that. Leave it to Zayn to always find a way to lighten the mood.

We are still about 10 minutes away from the school so I decide to pull out my pack of cigarettes and light one.

"Want one?" I ask Zayn, making him turn his head slightly to look.

"Nah, I'm trying to quit. Liam and Niall don't like it when I do it" he tells me.

Liam and Niall are his mates. Liam being an alpha and Niall being an omega. They are all absolutely perfect together and I couldn't think of a better relationship than theirs.

"Damn, those two definitely have you wrapped around their fingers if you are giving up smoking," I say with a soft smile to let him know I'm joking.

"You have no idea"

I place the cigarette between my lips before bringing the lighter up to the end of it. I slowly breathe in, allowing the cigarette to light up.

Flicking off the lighter I place it back into the cigarette pack and put the pack back in my pants pocket.

"Hey mind if I plug in my phone to play some music?" I ask Zayn.

"Nope go right ahead,"

Reaching over I plug in my phone and hit play on one of my favorite songs.

Coming out of my cage

And I've been doing just fine

Gotta gotta be down

Because I want it all

It started out with a kiss

How did it end up like this?

It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss

The jeep pulls up beside another car as we reach a stoplight. It's a white Ford pickup truck with tinted windows making it so I can't see inside.

Now I'm falling asleep

And she's calling a cab

While he's having a smoke

And she's taking a drag

I bring the cigarette up to my lips again before taking another drag feeling at ease as the burning sensation welcomes itself into my lungs.

Now they're going to bed

And my stomach is sick

And it's all in my head

But she's touching his chest now

He takes off her dress now

Let me go

My skin is tingling a little almost as if someone is watching me, but I pay no attention to it as the light turns green and Zayn starts driving again.

10 minutes later we're pulling into the school's parking lot and getting out of the car. All around the parking lot are students walking into the building or messing around with their friends. There are even some kids using their powers as if they have no care in the world.

And looking at everything around me, I wish I would have known that my life is going to get a whole lot more complicated.