Emotional waves

Tw: mention of Simon Cowbell

Edward's POV:

Something's wrong. Off.

Louis' blue eyes seem almost duller than yesterday. And even though he's trying to hide it I can see the slight limp he has when he's walking.

Right now, Harry and I are sitting behind the small omega in history class, watching as he subconsciously plays with his bracelet.

'Eddie, his emotions they...they are bad' Harry tells me through our mate link.

Turning my head to the side to look at him, I see a deep frown on his face, 'what do you mean Haz?'

'He's giving off waves of sadness and pain' he lets out a pained sigh 'I just want to know what's going through his mind; Make sure he's going to be ok'

I move my hand from under the table and place it on top of his, needing to comfort him.

'Shh Haz it will be ok. We both can tell how strong he is. We're his mates and even if he doesn't know it yet, we will still protect him as best as we can' I tell Harry reassuringly.

'Promise?' He asks in a small voice.

I give his hand a small squeeze before replying to him 'promise'

We spend the rest of 3rd period paying attention to the lesson, knowing not to piss off Mr. Cowell.

"Ok class, your 5-minute break starts now. Once time is up everyone goes back to their seats so we can begin the first half of Power control/Use." The teacher says, dismissing us.

I look up at the rest of my friend group to see them standing up and talking to each other. When my eyes land on the blonde omega an idea pops into my head.

"Haz come with me, we need to have a chat with Niall," I tell my twin while standing up, pulling him with me.

"Wha- wait, about what," he asks confused.

I don't answer him knowing he will figure it out eventually, "Hey Ni, we need to talk to you real quick," I say aloud to the group once we make it in front of them.

The group doesn't think much of this and neither does the Irish lad. We walk out to the hallway and stand against a random locker.

"What's up?"

"Niall we need you to do us a huge favor," I tell him.

He raises his left eyebrow, a small smirk appearing on his lips, "Sorry lads, no matter how big of a dick you got I'm not sleeping with you, I'm a taken man" he says jokingly.

Harry and I both turn to look at each other at his words; Both showing the same face of disgust on our features.

Facing Niall again we both begin to speak.

"Nigel I swear to god you are so dirty-minded"

"Ew, gross we would never"

Niall breaks out into a laughing fit at our reaction, "God lads I was just joking, I'm out of your league anyway" he says, as he pretends to flip his imaginary long hair; Making us chuckle a bit.

"So I'm guessing this is about Louis?" He asks after his laughter dies down.

"Mmh yeah, how'd you guess?"

He gives me a look that says 'are you serious, "Well if the amount of thinking about him didn't give it away then it's the constant staring that did" Niall has a bright smile on his face as he tells us this.

We've known Niall and his mates since the 1st grade. We all grew up together and were absolutely inseparable.

He knew how much Harry and I have been wanting to find an omega to take care of and look after, so us finally finding our mate was big.

"What's the favor?" he asks us curiously.

"Um well, would you mind reading his mind to see if he's ok? Every time Haz gets a wave of his emotions they're not good and we just want to make sure everything's fine" my voice is filled with so much emotion, showing Niall how much this means to us.

"Yea, please Niall we need to know what's wrong," Harry says from beside me, voice filled with just as much emotion as I.

Niall's face softens and a look of sympathy washes over his features, "I'll try as best as I can. When I tried to read his mind before, everything was just kind of scattered. Like I only got bits and pieces"

We let out an identical sigh before Harry speaks up, "Thanks Ni, even just a little bit of information would be helpful"

"It's no problem lads, you guys are family," Niall says to us with a warm smile.

I go to say something but I'm interrupted by the sound of Mr. Cowell's voice, "Boys, let's go class is going to start soon. Unless you guys prefer to be late and spend detention with me?"

Rolling my eyes at his words, we start to walk back inside the classroom, "Mr. Styles, I don't tolerate kids rolling their eyes at me, you will be serving detention with me after school alongside Mr. Tomlinson"

'Asshole' I think to myself, causing Niall to chuckle from behind me.