Time

Tw: Mention of Simon Cowell

Louis's POV:

The school day went by quickly and before I knew it I was getting ready to serve my detention with Mr. Cowell.

"I'll wait for you, ok Lou?" Zayn told me, from where he's leaning against his locker.

I look up at him frowning a bit, "You really don't have to Z, I'll just walk home. Plus I heard Niall talking about wanting to hang out with you after school."

"You sure? I really don't have a problem with waiting" he says honestly.

"I'm sure. Now go be disgustingly cute with your mates" I say teasingly.

"Thanks, Lou, you're the best. I'll see you tomorrow," he says with a wide smile.

He turns around to leave, but stops to look over his shoulder giving a smirk, "Oh, and have fun in detention with Edward"

I feel my cheeks heating up as I watch him walk away from me; His words ringing through my head.

Turning around I head in the direction of Mr. Cowell's classroom. As I walk into the room I notice there are only 3 other people in there.

"Take a seat, Mr. Tomlinson," the teacher says from his desk.

Walking past the kid who's sitting in the front I head to the back of the room and take a seat.

I set my backpack on the ground beside the desk and unzip it; Taking out my sketchbook and pencils.

Art was probably the only thing keeping me sane at the moment. It was my only escape from reality. I put all of my feelings, emotions, dreams, and fears into my work. All the things that have been haunting me for the last couple of months can be found in this sketchbook. If you were to open the book it's like uncovering a diary of all my thoughts and secrets. All the lies that are held within my 'home'. The death and loss. All the abuse and trauma. It's all in there.

Turning to a clean page, I pick up my pencil to start drawing, but the sound of the door opening makes me stop and lookup.

"Mr. Styles I gave direct orders to arrive at 2:50 you are five minutes late" Mr. Cowell drawls out.

I watch as Edward gives the teacher a blank stare before looking away from him and walking forward.

He turns his head and his eyes find mine; A glimmer of something in them as he sees me.

The green-eyed lad makes his way to the back and takes the empty seat beside mine and places his backpack on the ground next to the desk.

"Now that everyone is here, the detention time starts now. You may all leave at 3:30" Mr. Cowell says before turning his head down to read the paper placed on his desk.

"So Louis, how have your first couple of days been at the school?" Edward asks from beside me quietly not wanting to get in more trouble.

The way he asks it was almost like he was unsure of what to say. I turn my head to look at him again before replying, "Um it's been fine, a lot different from my last school but it's nice."

My words are no louder than his as he watches me intensely, "Good. If you ever need anything my brother and I are always here to help" he says giving me an award-winning smile.

The tingles on my arms seem to sprout at that and I can instantly feel my inner omega begging to come out.

"Thanks, Edward, that means a lot," I tell him quietly.

Our conversation seems to end there, so I look back down at my paper and continue to sketch.

As I focus more on my drawing my surroundings slowly start to fade away.