Solo Leveling X Male OC

Word count: 1811

He doesn't know how, but it works.

For months, he had hidden his health condition from everyone, even his siblings. He didn't want them to worry since he had always been the one to protect them. If he fall now, who would give them the support he had always provide?

Thinking along those lines, Sung Jin-hyuk reminisces the time they were small. Since they were in their childhood, Sung Jin-woo, his older brother had always been kind and an easy target for peers his age, causing Jin-hyuk to grow up being his shield. They were only one year apart, but Jin-hyuk had a bigger build compared to his brother, even taller than most of his peers, so doing that was easy.

Though the bullies kept on picking a fight with the Sung siblings, they are easily overthrown by Jin-hyuk, who have a black belt in karate by the age of 16. They mocked Jin-woo for hiding behind his little brother, but they betray their own words when Jin-hyuk threaten them.

When Jin-woo decided to become a hunter right after their mother fell into eternal sleep, he followed his footsteps, knowing that his kind brother will face many more danger after that. Though, he didn't always had the chance to go to every gate he went to. He was devastated when the double dungeon incident occurred. So, he swore to always be by his side from then on.

Jin-ah never had to suffer because her oppas would never let her feel any hardships. Bullies? Do they think they can harm the sister of the notorious Jin-hyuk? She aimed to get scholarship in the future and work a job with a high pay.

They held on like that for years, supporting each other on every aspects they could think of. It has always been like that.

However, things change.

One day, he discovered that he was strucked by the same disease that took away their mom, leaving her an empty vessel on the hospital bed for years. Despite he himself being a hunter, he still got it, being one of the rare cases to happen. His sleeping patterns made a turn for the worse, yet he would always manage to give a blinding smile to the people he care for.

But he just can't let them know about it now, he had worked so hard to put on a front that stow away those pests from his beloved siblings. He just have to hold on a little longer.

He knows he can.

Right?

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Jin-woo played with his food, dwelling himself in his thoughts. He had change these past months, physically and personality. His kindness is still there, now only reserved for his close ones and those he can trust, other than that, he'll only let them see his aloof appearance. They would never see the warmth that was once emanated from his ebony coloured eyes ever since. Especially not after the C-rank gate incident. His menacing aura got thicker as time flew by.

His behavior didn't go unnoticed by the other male in the house since he was especially observant towards his siblings.

" What's up, hyung? You have been fidgeting with your food for a while now." Jin-hyuk finally voiced out.

Jin-woo flinched, surprised that he was discovered. He had never felt like this for a while now. The uneasiness spread through his entire being.

" ...It's nothing."

" Doesn't seem like nothing to me. Jin-ah isn't here, so you can tell me about it."