Diabolik Lovers x Child male reader (Part 3)

Word count: 1320

Giggles erupted around the garden as a silhouette of a child scurried merrily, chasing the blue butterfly he saw. As he ran about, he admired the patterns on its wings, reminding him of the night sky with random white dots that looked like the stars. Following the exquisite creature, the kid finally reached the gates separating the mansion grounds and the forest up ahead. Determined to continue his little chase, he scanned around and find a hole big enough for him to squeeze through to the other side.

Feeling the excitement surged through his tiny being, he goes on his little adventure to shorten the distance between him and the flying blue insect. Passing through rows of trees, stomps of the little feet on the scattered dried leaves creating beats of it being crushed. The sounds became a harmony with the soft giggles of the angelic voice.

After a few minutes, the fast pace slowed down to a stop but the giggles never died down. The small child observe adoringly at the butterfly resting on the flower shone by the sunlight that pierced through the layers of the luscious green leaves. As the wings flap lightly, creating a relaxing mood on the surrounding, the kid sits down as he continues to gaze lovingly at the serene creature.

Unbeknownst to him, a fawn started to approach him out of curiosity. Slowly, it stepped forward to the entranced child, wondering of what kind this newcomer is. However, once it suddenly stepped on a twig, the boy's attention switched on it, drawing out the interest from him. With sparkles in his eyes, he started to stare at the fawn as it assessed him if he is a threat to the animal.

Once the little fawn approach the kid more comfortably, the boy reach his hand out to it, curious to what the furs would feel on his tiny fingers. Sniffing his hand before nuzzling it, the child squealed in bliss at the contact. Giggling as he pats the fawn, he kneeled closer and his new animal friend lay its head on his laps. Really, the scene looked as if it could flood the area with flowers just from them being there.

However, good things comes to an end. The fawn suddenly got up in alarm and ran through the rows of trees.

" Ah!" was the only thing that escape from the little mouth, shock of his friend sudden escape. The smile drooped a bit from the once bright face, feeling disappointed at the lost of warmth on his hands.

Out of the blue, he heard sniffing sound behind him. A gush of warm breath hit his nape as a low growl was heard. Just as the (h/c) haired kid turn to look at source, he was pushed down to the ground. His head was cushioned by the grasses beneath them, so it doesn't bring pain to the more fragile kid. The sudden action caused a series of giggles to erupt from the smaller vessel.

Finally examining the one that is pinning him down, his mouth went agape in awe as the silver furs rustled against the light breeze. Instead of showing fear like any normal and coward child, he stared at the wolf in admiration though its size is almost two to three times larger than him. The (e/c) eyes started to fill with sparks of joy again, staring at the strong wolf in wonder.

The wolf nuzzle its snout on his neck, trying to capture his scent but the action was ticklish, causing the kid to squirm around in laughs. The soft furs brushed with his squishy cheeks as it did so. After a few while, the wolf finally removed its paws from the kids shoulder, allowing him to move again.

The wolf moved to the side and sat next to the kid, guarding him from the dangers of the woods. The boy sat up, smiling at the new companion idiotically. The grins didn't make the other felt disturbed, rather it felt amusing to watch him restraining himself from patting it.

Once the urge overflowed, the (h/c) haired kid finally give in to his desires to indulge himself in the world of fluff. Slowly, his tiny hand landed on the silver blanket of fur, later followed by his other hand. Seeing that the wolf didn't mind it, the boy hugged the big softie as he giggled merrily.

Without wasting any minute, the kid mounted the laying wolf and sigh in bliss as his small body clashed with the silky, glistening fur. The child hums happily as he enjoy the relaxing and calming moments. The happy song painted the scenery in joyous colour, making everything more radiant.

Slowly but surely, the hums died down, replaced by soft snores. Seeing that the child finally sailed into slumber, the wolf got up with him on its back. Trampling the dead leaves, it made its way following where the kid's scent have come from.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

" Reiji~! Have you seen my nephew~?"

Laito barged into the ravenette's office, not caring what work he had to accomplish.

Reiji turned around.

" He's not in his room or the garden?" he questioned, arching up one of his eyebrows.

" I checked his room but he's not there. I heard his giggles in the garden a few hours back. Has he not gone back?"

" Huh." was the only thing that comes out from his mouth. Out of a sudden, he felt a foreign existence near the compound, and by the looks of it, it's not an acquaintance. Reiji immediately teleported to the gate near the forest.

The sun shine its radiant rays on the forest, hitting the green leaves which casted shades under the trees. And from the shades, out come a figure of a man.

The man had silver strands of hairs cascading down to his shoulder. He had blue eyes adorning his fair features. Black outfit with many rips here and there complemented the wild feeling he gave off. Black gloves covering his hands, throwing off a mysterious vibe around his air.

But what really caught Reiji's attention is the child in his hand. M/n is sleeping in his hands peacefully as he walk towards the gate.

" Are you his father?" the silver guy asked.

" Yes, thank you for bringing him home." Reiji responded.

" Are you sure he's safe here?"

" What do you mean?"

" This boy is a living creature amongst the dead."

" So that's what you're asking. I would never bring any harm to my child even if he doesn't share my blood. I have always protected these past years." Reiji responded firmly, eyes blazing with the crimson colour he had.

Seeing Reiji's reaction, the man slightly nod, approving the determination he have just to make sure the boy is in safe hands.

" I see. You have other means to acquire blood, it seems. I guess I need to let you know something about him. Do you know what he is?"

" ...No."

" I will leave that part for you to discover. Animals are drawn to this child, wether with good intentions or with malice. He can interact with them easily. I had protected him earlier when he had been the target of predators. So make sure he wasn't alone all the time. I'll be sure to try look out for him if he ever sneak into the forest again."

With that, he jump through the tall gates, making sure to land without disturbing the little one's sleep. Handing the the boy back to his father, he flees into the forest again, leaving no trail behind.

Reiji took a glance where the guy last seen before focusing back to his little jewel. Seeing a little dust on his clothes, he brushed it off lightly. The action tickles a little, causing the kid to snuggle more into his bigger body.

What do you know, Reiji smiled. Quite rare.

°~Thanks for reading~°