ghost salmon sightings (real)

Mumbo bonked his head on the steering wheel. He was having a bad day after finally growing some pair and got fired afterwards.

He didn't like the company anyways. He'll see what they'll do at his incomplete project, he snickered.

He wasn't really that distracted so when he saw a boy in a red jumper just laying on the side of the road, he immediately stopped the car.

"Oh, hey." The boy didn't get up. He had only greeted mumbo, waving his hand as he did so.

"What are you doing there?" Mumbo asked, concerned for the boy.

"Oh y'know, just chillin'. I can't seem to get a ride home so I've just sat here for the past hour." The boy turned his body to mumbo, his strawberry blonde hair that was slightly damped by something followed.

"What—! This is outrageous, you're just a kid!" How could people not take this boy home, his parents are probably worried!

"Don't worry kid, get in and I'll drive you back." Mumbo offered as he pointed.

The boy stood up and opened the car door, entering the passenger seat. "Thank you." He shivered as his damped hair was breezed by the air-conditioning.

"Ah, you must be freezing. Here." Mumbo took off the Suit he was wearing and lowered the setting so the boy wouldn't be that cold anymore. He didn't ask why he was wet, he figured it might upset the boy.

"Thank you very much." The boy grabbed the suit noticing it was quite large, he giggled.

"This'll surely warm me up" he smiled.

The boy and mumbo conversed as heavy traffic rolled in. He asked the boys name and address in the passing time and learned he lived an hour away.

"So grian, how old are you?"

"I dunno, 16 I guess."

"Quite young."

"How about you mister mumbo jumbo, how old are you?"

"22 this year."

"Lul, you're old"

Both laughed, they were conversing as if they had known each other for quite a long time.

Both had no qualms about it, so they continued to converse.

...
It had now started raining, if mumbo had saw grian in this time, he wouldn't have wondered why he was damped.

"Oh were almost there." Grian said.

"Please turn right then straight up— there." Grian pointed out an old English house.

"You live here kid?"

"Yeah" grian went out as Mumbo's car stopped.

"It's raining mister jumbo, you better stay in, I'll just knock yeah?" Grian shouted from afar.

"Oh yeah, it's absolutely pouring. I'll just get my suit back tomorrow!" Mumbo replied, waving his hand out as he drived away.

...

The next day, mumbo knocked on grians house.

Grian wasn't the one to answer, on the door was a man who seemed to be on their late 30's.

"Hello sir." Mumbo politely greeted.

"Is grian home? I need to get my suit back from him" he smiled as he awkwardly scratched the back of his head.

"...grian? I'm afraid you've got that all jumbled up somehow. Grians been dead for years..." The man looked sadly at mumbo.

"I'm really sorry about that...But I really did...I saw him on the side of the road, damped. He even borrowed my suit as I let him ride to his house..." Mumbo in his white button up gestured himself.

"I see...maybe he got a little lonely. That boy likes to play pranks." The man chuckled as tears threatened to fall.

"You mean..." Mumbo had been ghosted it seems.

...

The two conversed for hours. Mumbo talked about how grian knew he was 16 and how grian was left in the cold.

The man, who introduced himself as xisuma, said that grian had died as such, cold and damped.

"Oh goodness me, I'm sorry sir void. I need to go." Mumbo put down his tea as he stood up hastily.

"Oh, your job I suppose?" Xisuma asked in a concerned tone.

Mumbo nodded, "if you'll excuse me sir.." he shuffled.

Xisuma nodded as he waved his hand, "no worries, no worries. Come any time." He smiled.

Mumbo waved once again, speeding away as he was late for his new work.

He couldn't pull himself away from checking his and grians meeting spot though.

...

Mumbo pulled the car to the side, getting out of the car in a slow fashion.

He had only realised it now as it was noon.

The place where they met was actually a graveyard. Mumbo sighed, He had no choice but to commit so he walked around and tried to find grian.

"Grian void" he read.

He walked closer and saw his suit, it was folded on the side of grians grave.

Mumbo picked it up in wonder.

"Hey."

The author has something to say: Ew. Most words were overused once again ugghhh.

But I quite like thissss!! I want to lengthen it. Ofc I don't like how I killed off grian but c'mon! It can be that he didn't really die *Wink wink*