hurt and comfort. ⚠️

Fire.

Everything was on fire.

...

"Ah—!" Grian sat up, clenching his bedsheets. He had experienced another one of his past, haunting him within his dreams, truly pathetic.

He coughed lightly, feeling his throat dry and maybe sore,  "Water" he hoarsely said.

The young hermit stood up hastily making him stumble a bit.

Blood circulation, he cursed.

With a fresh bottle of cold tea— he realised tea was better for the throat, grian's aura noticeably differed significantly. Although the various flashing scenes of death, fire and trauma still lingered, he was fine for now.

Grian suddenly chuckled at the thought, he was a man easily distracted, of course he would forget it later on.

He always watches yet forget.

...

"Ello there!" Pearl waved at grian, although her eyes shifted to his diamond pile. It was obvious to both what'll come next.

"Truce?"

"Truce."

A silent pack was made, chaos was released.

"Really, a giant diamond canon?" Scar re-equipped his Hawkeye bow to his pickaxe. He sighed as he rebuilt and retaliated.

Meanwhile grian and pearl laughed on the sidelines. Pearl wiped her tears, turning her body to grian. "...hey um..." She started.

Grian tilted his head, "what's up?" He worriedly asked.

"I've had this dream for weeks now and it's been bothering me..." she then stopped, waiting for some reaction.

Grian shifted his eyes, "Evo, huh..." It was plainly obvious.

"Yeah actually," pearl shifts, "it's a memory of xelqua." She stated.

"Impossible, you weren't even there." Grian retorted, hard.

"I know but— it really was! Xelqua gained control while you were asleep and...and, killed him!" Pearl exclaimed, beginning to have a temper.

"I— xelqua could never kill someone!" Grian yelled, the tips of his wings slightly turned purple.

Pearl didn't miss that tiny detail and pointed at him, "you're in denial." She clicked her tongue and left.

The purple moved up more like an infection, "I'm not." Grian whispered to himself.

"Xelqua could never..." His voice barely whispered as it faded word by word.

Grian didn't function for a while. His body moved subconsciously to a near body of water. "...I didn't do it." His reflection stubbornly huffed.

"It's the other, obviously." Grian rebooted quickly as he asked, "the other?" His reflection nodded.

"The, uh, original watcher watching over. That guy...did really appear and I really did take over while you were asleep..." The reflection raised his finger, "but! You may have already inherited this memory...but! The other attacked okay? Not me. There was fire everywhere, and then the guy killed someone." He finished with a casual nod.

The reflection suddenly waved as grian's tears fell. A few tropical fish swum past it, wanting to greedily consume the tear.

Even the fishes know grian was magical.

"I—i didn't..." He sobbed, xelqua may be casual but the man the other killed was none other than taurtis, his best friend.

"You said he was only taken" he hiccuped, restraining himself to make any more sounds of weep.

"I am sorry, I needed us to be stable at that time."

Grian's tears escaped his eyes more as xelqua finished his sentence. He was crying silently, mourning for his best friend.

Taurtis was dead.

Seconds, minutes, hours, had already passed. The reflection waved over and over but xelqua was quiet.

Grian's cries were quiet.

Both were dazed at this point.
A
"...hey?" A soft voice gently made it's way to grian. "It's me, scar." He continued softly, making sure he was viewed as safely approachable.

Grians tears seemingly froze to the sides of his eye, making him look fragile. It was a sight scar wasn't used to.

"Are you alright? Do you wanna go inside, it's almost nighttime..." He carefully laid his hand on grian's shoulder.

Grian didn't flinch but only sniffled, it was a sign of acceptance in scar's view. "Can you get up, or do you want me to boat you in?" He coddled softly, attempting to ease grian.

He didn't know what was wrong but asking 'what's wrong' isn't going to make it better. He'd only make grian remember whatever problem he had and could result to an even worse breakdown.

Grian finally whispered a giggle. "I want to be boated in with Ariel's theme." His hoarse voice laughed, making him cough in reflex.

Scar smiled more enthusiastically. "Alright! Come little grian, let's go on an adventure!" He rode the boat first then patted grian to the passenger seat.

"It's adventure time!"

The author has something to say:
Drabble again? Sigh. It's hurt comfort + scarian so don't me.

Also (totally irrelevant.) *Cries in theory* what if Loki shows up in the very end of Thor 4 ? ಥ‿ಥ

Like he'd use the tempad to go back to earth and see whatever the hells multiverse his at and just vwhomps to the end scene? I'd fucking cry.

Anyways, great news! Xelqua book 2 is underway! No one asked but I planned it anyways.

Thanks for ur time