Chapter 14: Some Gryffindors' Past

It was a sick game. One which Hermione didn't volunteer to be a part of. Besides it was not in her character to be so playful with boys. In fact, it was the reason why everyone called her uptight.

Ron was also her boyfriend at the time. She was content with that. It never crossed her mind to cheat on him. She can't even stomach cheating in class, and cheating on him, more so.

The incident with McLaggen was something Hermione would rather bury in the ground if it was possible. It took some time to get it off of her head. And she masked it with good memories together with Ron.

"What happened in there?" Pansy demanded answers as soon as Blaise's head appeared behind the door. She and Luna were just outside the Gryffindor common room waiting for their friends.

"Well I was surprised Seamus was a bloody bastard than Lavender was a bitch." Ginny, who followed Blaise and Hermione, said. "Fucking arse beat girls at nagging."

Blaise would have laughed at that if the situation wasn't a serious matter. It was one thing to know Ginny cursed in chat but it was funny hearing her swear. Bad words coming out from perfectly shaped lips are appealing. It's that or he could blame it on his attraction for the red head.

"I don't see why Seamus was being like that to you Hermione. I didn't think he and my brother were that close for him to get so worked up." Ginny said addressing Hermione.

A tired smile answered her. "I know why he's being like that to me." Hermione said. "He almost got expelled last year because of my doing. I would have hated me too if  were him."

"What did you do?" Ginny asked. But it was Pansy's reaction that made them turn their looks away from Hermione. The Slytherin gasped, clasping her hands together and covering her mouth, in recollection.

"Blaise, remember when we sneaked on the head master last year?" She asked. At her query, Blaise's eyes widened. "Shite! It would be his reason wouldn't it? But it was his fault to begin with."

"Oh, out with it you guys!" Ginny stomped her foot in impatience.

*******

"Come here." Harry said as soon as he reached the Gryffindor tower. He put his best friend in a tight hug. If there was anyone who knew of what Hermione has been through, it was him. So it kind of makes him feel bad that other people had to come to his best friend's aide before he could.

"I'm fine Harry." Harry could feel Hermione's smile on his neck. "I blame you for worrying me." Harry said, rubbing her back. "You know you must report this, don't you?" He added before breaking the hug and looking at her intently.

Hermione watched as Harry's lips formed into a thin line. She knows he's trying to be stern so she would listen to him. The last time she saw him give her that expression was when McLaggen suddenly left Hogwarts at the middle of the term followed by Terry Boot a week later.

----

"Hermione, stop." Harry said in a final tone. It put Hermione's brisk walking to a halt. He's noticed she was acting a bit strange lately. Too cheerful. Something she wasn't. Hermione is logical, practical, definite.

"What is wrong?" He asked. "Nothing Harry." She responded, not turning to face him. He had to walk over and move her to face him.