Chapter 32: The Angry Button (3rd tie-in)

Truth be told, Theodore Nott would be able to tell you how he and Luna Lovegood happened if you asked him. He'd probably look at you dumb and shake his head. He'd simply say, "I fell in love with her the moment she reacted to my facebook post."

No. Their friendship didn't start with that. They already were acquaintances and in point of fact, she wasn't his type. She was sort of weird in the head in his opinion. But then, Pansy was weirder in a sense, especially this year when she started being friendly, which she wasn't.

Perhaps it was because of Lovegood's interest in jewelries that drew Pansy to her. It was awkward at first. Seeing the Slytherin princess get on the good graces of the Ravenclaw. You'd have thought it obviously should be the other way around. However, it wasn't long before Theodore realized that Luna Lovegood had something in her that makes a person drawn to her.

No. It's not her long wavy tresses that reached her waist. It wasn't even the striking fact that it's almost as if she was a long lost Malfoy for sporting similar hair color. Almost similar. Draco's is still more noticeable. It wasn't her blue eyes that matched her fair skin either. Definitely not the carrot shaped earrings she wore. Or were those parsnips? Whatever.

The two of them barely nodded to each other by passing, much more, talk. So it was really a surprise for one Theo Nott when he read Luna Lovegood on a pop up notification. He didn't even remember how they became friends on Facebook.

He was ready to dismiss it as it didn't really matter that much. Yet, he found himself checking it anyway. "Really?" He said to himself as he sat on his seat in professor Trelawney's class.

Why in the world would he receive an angry reaction from someone he barely knew? And Luna Lovegood for that matter? It bothered him so. One, because he was sure he never posted anything recently worthy of that reaction. And two, he's never received an angry reaction before. Not one. Not ever.

"What's up T?" He heard one of his best friends, Blaise Zabini, ask. "Nothing." Theo responded not looking up. The truth is, he was seething.

Luna Lovegood angry reacted on his profile picture!?

***

"Theo?"

"Theo?"

"Hey, T!"

"Huh?" Theo said, finally waking up from his reverie.

"What's up T? I have been calling your name like a gazillion times." Pansy Parkinson said as she sat next to him at dinner.

Theo just shook his head and he didn't miss the doubtful looks Draco and Blaise were exchanging. Sooner or later, they're going to pry the hell out of him, he knows it. Most especially since both Draco and Blaise looked over their shoulders to where he was supposedly looking.

Yes. It's dinner time and he still can't get over the fact that Luna Lovegood gave his profile picture an angry react. His profile picture!

"If I'm wild guessing, I think it's this." Pansy said, holding her phone up to show both Draco and Blaise. The two young men chuckled and looked over their shoulders once more to see Luna Lovegood playing with her hair as she looked at her spoon funny.

"Are you for real?" Blaise asked seemingly amused. "What?" Theo asked back in defense. "What's that anyway?" He added turning to Pansy.