Chapter 28: The Soiree (1st Part)

"Why are we dressing up again?" Fred asked as he looked at himself in the mirror. Sometimes, he's not sure if he really is Fred if not for the fact that George lost his ear. It made them identifiable. 

"Cause Ron apparently isn't concerned about the fact that Hermione's boyfriend invited us to celebrate Christmas with them." George responded. "Scoot over, will you?" He added, as he tied a bow on his neck in front of the mirror.

When Ginny came to their room, it was that conversation she heard. "You think it's weird too, don't you?" She asked. One of the twins nodded. Which one, is not the issue. Both of them were standing at an angle that showed just one ear.

"Your boyfriend already here?" George asked when Ginny reached for the bow and adjusted it for him.

"You looking for me?" Blaise asked as he peeked from out side the twin's shared room. He intended to pick Ginny up so they can leave ahead but he also wanted to greet everybody first.

"Aye, mate!" The twins said in unison. Among the Weasleys, they were the easiest to get along with. Factor in the fact that Ginny says they don't like Lavender either.

"You fellas joining us or no?" Blaise inquired as he got inside the room. "Nah!" The twins responded.

"I'm pretty sure we'll be too early if we left with you." George said. "Why don't you ask Ron?" he added, a hint of mischief in his voice.

Ginny had to gag at that. "I'm also pretty sure Ron would rather wait for you so he can be surrounded by a wall of Weasleys in defense from an unknown attack." She said. "Remember, we're spending Christmas at the home of the guy who Hermione replaced him with."

"Who are these people anyway?" Fred asked although he knew the answer to his question. "Who celebrates Christmas in bow and ties?"

"Come on Blaise. There's no hope for these two." Ginny said rolling her eyes before grabbing Blaise's arm to leave the room.

"Oi!" George called, pretending to be offended. Ginny just looked at him over her shoulder and stuck her tongue out at him.

George just gave his sister a salute and then looked at himself in the mirror once more. "You're all set Van Gogh." He heard Fred say. Not missing the mischief in his twin's voice.

--------------

"Oh, Merlin! You look lovely Luna!" Pansy said, complimenting the just arrived Luna with Theo. She wrapped the young lady in an embrace and did the same to Theo after. "So are you Pansy." Luna responded with a smile.

Luna dressed herself in a silk chiffon empire dress, the color of pink coral. The skirt part is cut just an inch above the kness. Her lips is of the same color and so are her doll shoes. Luna decided to let her hair loose. Its soft waves cascading on her back.

Pansy thanked the deities at the back of her mind as she gestured at her friends to wait for her. Luna didn't usually care about how she looked like. Not that it matters that much. She is a beautiful young lady. But more often than not, the young lady wore atrocious looking accessories. Tonight is a different case apparently.

Luna accented her look with customized earrings. Her dangling gold pair took the shape of falling snow of different patterns. Probably made in their own shop. The Lovegoods are in the jewelry business just like the Zabinis.