Chapter 15: The Grangers Visit

"Hermione?"

At the mention of her name, Hermione stiffened. Ron hasn't attempted to talk to her in a long time. She hoped he would try to fix it then, but she didn't expect him to come marching into her life again now. In fact, she didn't want to have anything to do with him anymore.

If she could help it, she wouldn't even be in the same group as he is in class activities. She is glad to have made friends in her former enemies. They manage to get her to be a part of their group when professors require it to accomplish a task. Saves her the trouble of being in the same space as her ex.

"Look Ron. I don't..." Hermione started but another voice cut through whatever she wanted to say.

"Hermione, a word?"

Draco Malfoy placed himself next to her and put a hand at the small of her back. Hermione felt at ease at the touch of his hand. She found comfort at the sound of his voice.

"That is, if you aren't busy." He added switching his attention from the lady beside him to her former lover who was standing an arm's length in front of her.

"I'm not. What is it?" Hermione asked. She looked at Draco with the hopes that he would stir her away from the awkward situation Ron has put her into.

"Great." Draco said with a small smile. "Do excuse us Weasley." He supplied, giving Ron a curt nod before he guided Hermione out of the classroom. He can tell from the look she gave him earlier that she didn't want to be there any longer.

When they got out of the room, Hermione felt his hand leave her. She wasn't quite sure she liked not having it. "Thank you." She said, albeit quite bitterly.

Draco clasped his hands behind his back. If he didn't, he knew he'd be liking touching her so much, he won't be letting her go soon. It might make her feel uneasy. That's the last thing he wanted to happen. Hermione avoiding him too.

None of them spoke as they walked. This is how she knows he only asked to have a word with her so she can avoid talking to Ron. Hermione found it sweet of him.

She also need not tell him where they should be going. He seems to know where to take her even if she wasn't leading the walk. This gave her a funny feeling in the stomach.

"You're welcome." He responded finally. "I'll see you at Vector's." 

----

Ship Crew

-------------

Pparkinson: That was a pretty big blow wasn't it?

Hpotter: I think I know what you mean by blow. But what exactly did it try to destroy?

Bzabini: You mean aside from Hermione's spotless record?

Gweasley: Ship crew?

Pparkinson: @Hpotter Well it put a dent to my timeline. 

Pparkinson: @Gweasley Aren't we? Draco and Hermione ring a bell?

Hpotter: Yeah? How?