Chapter 31: The Like Button (2nd tie-in)

If Blaise Zabini would count just how many times he stole a glance at the Gryffindor table to get a glimpse of a certain red head -- no not Ronald Weasley and his God awful display of pigging -- it would be more than the outstanding marks he got in the last 5 years. He had no idea Ginny Weasley could be so beautiful in the morning. How in the world did he realize this just now?

"Don't drool on your plate B."

Theodore Nott was not one to keep his mouth shut at times like this. But what is this anyway? He's never been distracted by a girl during breakfast before. And certainly not by a Gryffindor.

"What are you talking about?" He snapped at Theo. He never really liked being caught red handed. Not that he would ever admit to anything he's done.

No. He wouldn't admit to seeing Tracey Davis after Theo dumped her. And no, he wouldn't admit to having secret relationship with Susan Bones.

He prided himself for being able to keep his businesses to himself. All they know about are the things he showed them. So sure, they'd know about Hannah Abbot and how he almost went serious with her. And they know about Romilda Vane (though that one's less calculated). But they won't know about Ginny Weasley and how he admired the way she brushed her hair off her shoulder, her face scrunched at the constant distraction.

"There are exactly two answers I have in mind. Which one would you like to hear?" Theo asked nonchalantly as he forked a fruit from his plate.

"Which one doesn't result to you ending in the hospital wing?" Blaise responded though he regretted it sooner. Now, Theo would know something he didn't want to share.

Loathe he was to admit, but Theo happened to be smart. Any more blunders from him would not go unrecognized. The only consolation he's getting from this situation is the fact that Draco and Pansy weren't around.

Draco was quicker than any of them in the thought department and Pansy, well, she likes to stick her nose on things that didn't need it. Thank Merlin for small mercies! Imagine getting caught pining for a Weasley.

***

Great, he's now a fucking stalker! Blaise rubbed his hands on his face. He'd been browsing through Ginny Weasley's facebook wall, at least through whatever is available, like a girlfriend investigating on her boyfriend's flings.

The ginger haired girl made sure to filter all the important things about her that he was left with only profile pictures to go by. Not nearly enough to satiate his curiosity on the Gryffindor. Who is she dating anyway?

He'd only ever seen her hangout with Potter and his posse Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. Taking her bother out of the equation leaves just Potter. Then again, Potter doesn't seem to have any interest on her.

"She's single then?" He blurted out as he turned to his left, his eyes still glued on his phone.

"Course I am." He heard her say. He looked up to see Ginny Weasley in the flesh, just a few steps in front of him.

Wait, what!?

"Watch it Zabini!" Again, that was her.

To his surprise at her earlier response, he swiped on his phone rather hastily in panic, and it slipped from his hand. In reflex, he threw his body forward to saveit. One moment, he was colliding to her, the next he had a large hand pressed on his chest and another firmly gripped on his shoulder.