Chapter 20: With the Potters

"I'm glad you are staying with us." Says Harry's mother, Lily Potter. She had a warm smile painted on her face. It wasn't the huge smile always worn by the Weasley matriarch, and it wasn't the polished one Narcissa Malfoy has.

Now why does his mom have to be included in this?

"Now it's two against two." She added, as she took the stairs to show Hermione where she would sleep. "Women power." She finished with a grin.

"What are you talking about mom?" Harry interjected. He's just behind the two females in the house, carrying both his and Hermione's stuff. "You're rarely home."

"It has always been two against one. You and dad against me." Harry continued. "Don't be salty my dear." Lily said between giggles.

"I am not." Harry said. And it is the truth. When he was much younger, he felt bad about being left with the Dursleys, the family of his maternal aunt. Now he's finally understood what his parents are doing and he can't be more proud of them.

His parents are overseas missionaries. While most missionaries' primary goal is to evangelize people at a certain area, Harry's parents are more of needs based missionaries. They provide help to people on depraved areas they were sent to.

"You squirts okay with Chinese?" Harry's father, James, asked. He was at the bottom of the stairs, eagerly waiting for a reply.

"Dad, we're 16." Harry responded. "Don't sixteen year olds eat Chinese food?" James asked once more. Hermione had to laugh at the man's genuine question.

"I meant, we're sixteen. Don't call us squirts." Harry responded as they reached the landing. "Oh." Says James, "Silly me. Alright, Chinese then."

"Do forgive us. We're really very sorry we can't be around that much to raise you." Lily said looking at Harry apologetically. She even walked to her son and gave him a hug. "It's alright mom." Harry said. As much as he'd like to return the hug though, he can't. He was still carrying their things.

"We'll make it up to you okay?" Lily whispered before she kissed the top of his head. Hermione almost teared up at the scene.

Harry has always wished his parents were around more often. The entire world knows them more than he does and they have taken care of the whole world except their son. Harry usually just sees them on tv. And to see the Potters in the same room just makes anyone overcome with joy.

In his formative years, he's lived with the Dursleys. They weren't very nice people. So when Harry turned 14 and was allowed to stay anywhere he wanted, he stayed with the Weasleys. And for a week each summer, he was with the Grangers.

"Hermione, you take that room." Lily instructed. "The room across from it is Harry's. Should you need anything, James and I will be in this room." She added pointing at the room nearest the stairs.

"Thank you Mrs.Potter." Hermione said taking her stuff from Harry. "We'll see you downstairs then." Says the older woman. She kissed the top of her son's head once more before she left.

*******

Hogwarts with Class

-------------

Pparkinson: I'm bored.

Bzabini: Already? xD