Tadashi Yamaguchi X NB! Reader (Haikyuu!!) {Break Time}

I was trying to remember what I had to learn my first and second year of high school but couldn't so this is probably inaccurate, sorry about that. This is a request!

Note: they/them pronouns for the reader

Another frustrated sigh leaves (Y/n)'s  lips as they slam their head onto the table. Their boyfriend, Yamaguchi, looks up from his study materials. He was sitting across the library table. Volleyball practice has been canceled for the next two weeks both because of the up coming exams.

"We should stop here for the day." He suggests but (Y/n) shakes their head.

"No I need to keep going. What time it is?"

"The train should been arriving at the station soon. If we hurry we can get some food on the way." Yamaguchi tries luring them away. "And then you can study more when you get home."

Without replying, (Y/n) slowly starts to put their stuff away. Yamaguchi follows. They didn't have time to stop and get food. While on the train ride home, (Y/n) laid their head on his shoulder. Luckily for them there wasn't many people on that afternoon.

"Wake me up when exam season is over..." They mumbled.

"Just got to get through this week..." He replies and puts an arm around their shoulder. "Then we'll be done for awhile."

"Yeah..."

"With how much you've been studying, there's no way you can do bad."

"Unless I just forget everything the moment the exam hits my desk..."

Yamaguchi pinches their side, "come one positive thoughts!"

"Sorry sorry..." (Y/n) mumbles and opens their eyes to look at him. "You're right, the odds are currently in my favor..."

They rode in silence for awhile, just before (Y/n)'s stop came up, "would you have time to help me study a bit? It'll be better with another person..."

"Sure." Yamaguchi smiles, "I would love to help."

So from there on starts the studying montage. 

From tutoring;

"Okay let's start from the beginning. Do you remember the acronym?"

"The one for triangles or-?"

"The three little shits..."

"Oh! Sohcahtoa!"

"Yes!" Yamaguchi exclaimed, finally a small break through was on the rise. "And what do they stand for?"

To flashcards;

"Difference between the English word affect and effect?" He reads one of the flashcards.

"Affect is like when something changes, effect is a result of change." (Y/n)'s face becomes tense, "is that right?"

"Yeah it is now use it in a sentence."

They give him aa blank stare. "Can we come back to that."

He nods, "yeah even don't get how to use it. English is such a dumb language."

"No shit."

 To snack breaks; 

"Here," Yamaguchi hands his partner their favorite snack and some water. "Let's take a break. Then one more round of flashcards?" He suggests.